Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Apache Predator P-2 Raceboat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150444-apache-predator-p-2-raceboat.html)

AvidBoater 01-31-2007 02:06 PM

Apache Predator P-2 Raceboat

Does anyone have any information on this Apache? Engines, drives, and top speed? This boat was incedible on the circuit last year.

FeverMike 01-31-2007 02:50 PM

Re: Apache Predator P-2 Raceboat

I know they were running Cheif engines and the sound of this boat was amazing! I believe they had the boat proped for the bracket they were racing in but it is capable of higher speeds. Overall it is an awesome boat and the team looked to be having a blast last year.

thedonz 01-31-2007 02:58 PM

go to Predator.com its a kool site

fubar260 01-31-2007 03:09 PM

boy it DID sound. that is one sweet boat.

Nykamp 01-31-2007 03:21 PM

It's an awsome boat with a really good crew.Checkout www.predator41.com

damdonzi 01-31-2007 04:03 PM

I cannot believe the 17 minute video of Spirit of Apache on the site. I mean, it is just awe inspiring.

Chris Sunkin 01-31-2007 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by damdonzi (Post 2011408)
I cannot believe the 17 minute video of Spirit of Apache on the site. I mean, it is just awe inspiring.

Neat boat but the owner was sort of clueless.

Just some of what he was saying...

Boat weighs 25,000 lbs
$17,000 swim platform
Ventilated crankshafts

I kind of got the feeling he was making it up as he went.

I was half expecting hime to say "...these go to eleven"

Buca 01-31-2007 06:59 PM

He doesn't make up anything about that boat. Seen it and the detail and the prices are right. You should try to have something custom done and see what it cost!!!!

Chris Sunkin 01-31-2007 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Buca (Post 2011584)
He doesn't make up anything about that boat. Seen it and the detail and the prices are right. You should try to have something custom done and see what it cost!!!!

25K Lbs?

and, what are ventilated crankshafts?

I forgot the one about the deck hardware being heat treated.

Chris Sunkin 01-31-2007 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2011693)
Dude, why are you such a tool??A ventilated crank means exactly that, they are running the positive crankcase ventilation out through the hull, so the PSI's don't pressurize the blocks. I have no doubt of the weight with fuel, knowing what people that know Mark McManus know he has no problem building a heavy boat. I would tend to think that the pullout bolsters and riding with an additional set would add a couple hundred right off the bat. The fact that there are spare props for 3 motors, complete snap on tool boxes.etc etc etc...I have seen you say some really stupid things on here, but now you are telling the us that the dude that wrote the check has no clue...you're frigging unbelievable...

McManus quotes the boat at 15,700 with a full cabin. My guess is the builder knows. Probably not as much as you, though.