Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is there market for High Performance Boat Charter's at LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150456-there-market-high-performance-boat-charters-loto.html)

Buddy OO 01-31-2007 06:44 PM

Is there market for High Performance Boat Charter's at LOTO

have had some people interested in chartering my 50' - 100mph+ Performance boat that seats 10-12 with Head, a/c , all amenities and huge sun pad, what would you charge per day/ weekend? thanks, would it be worth the hastle and liability, .

BAJA WILL 01-31-2007 07:05 PM

Re: Is there market for High Performance Boat Charter's at LOTO

HHMMM I don't think you want to mess with this, rental insurance is bad enough. I think you may want to invite friends that will pitch in on expenses if you know what mean:D

WILL

CMG 01-31-2007 07:31 PM

I agree, insurance will make it tough unless you find a steady stream of biz.

Zudnic 01-31-2007 08:13 PM

The insurance would be killer, friend of the family owns a hotel on Keuka Lake (near Penn Yan). He stopped renting small fishing boats and pontoon boats because of the costs!

H2Xmark 01-31-2007 08:29 PM

10000 dollar security deposit, and 1750 bucks a day rental, would be a deal for a friend, but a boat like yours should go for more money

mikebrls 01-31-2007 08:36 PM

You Would Need To Also Have A Captins Licence.
The First Licence Would Be A 6 Pack That Will Alow You To Take 6 Paying Custormer's Out For Charter .
And Then You Would Have To Get The Next Licence For More Peaple . I'm Not Shure Put I Think If You Want To Take More Then 6 Paying Custormer's Out The Boat Has To Built To Coats Guard Standerds :(
But If You Get All That . I Know Down Here In South Florida They Get Up To $ 200+ An Hour Per Person For A Go Fast Boat With A Minimum Of 4 Peaple .
Also You Will Captin The Boat Dont Let Anyone Else Drive It ... It Would Be A Nice Dream Job . Go Out On The Boat And Get Paid Some Good $$$ :)
Good Luck
Mike

Wild 01-31-2007 08:50 PM

Buddy OO where are you from in STL, what 50 do you have, im in O'Fallon and work in chesterfield and LOTO and have a 38 top gun

Randy Wild
www.paragonstl.com

Steve_H 01-31-2007 08:50 PM

there was a guy with a triple baja that did it for a while at LOTO. dont think he made out to well......

Mentalpause 01-31-2007 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Wild (Post 2011712)
Buddy OO where are you from in STL, what 50 do you have, im in O'Fallon and work in chesterfield and LOTO and have a 38 top gun

Randy Wild
www.paragonstl.com

It is Wiggler.

I would not go here for the reasons folks indicate, too much risk. But just MHO.

How was New Years? Will not be long before we are back on the lake!

Wild 01-31-2007 09:53 PM

Wiggler lives at LOTO - but if it is wiggler

whats up

Wild

New Years was the best one ever, mine and my wifes best trip to miami together.

See ya in a few months unless you are doing the Miami poker run