Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is there market for High Performance Boat Charter's at LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150456-there-market-high-performance-boat-charters-loto.html)

Buddy OO 01-31-2007 06:44 PM

Is there market for High Performance Boat Charter's at LOTO

have had some people interested in chartering my 50' - 100mph+ Performance boat that seats 10-12 with Head, a/c , all amenities and huge sun pad, what would you charge per day/ weekend? thanks, would it be worth the hastle and liability, .

BAJA WILL 01-31-2007 07:05 PM

Re: Is there market for High Performance Boat Charter's at LOTO

HHMMM I don't think you want to mess with this, rental insurance is bad enough. I think you may want to invite friends that will pitch in on expenses if you know what mean:D

WILL

CMG 01-31-2007 07:31 PM

I agree, insurance will make it tough unless you find a steady stream of biz.

Zudnic 01-31-2007 08:13 PM

The insurance would be killer, friend of the family owns a hotel on Keuka Lake (near Penn Yan). He stopped renting small fishing boats and pontoon boats because of the costs!

H2Xmark 01-31-2007 08:29 PM

10000 dollar security deposit, and 1750 bucks a day rental, would be a deal for a friend, but a boat like yours should go for more money

mikebrls 01-31-2007 08:36 PM

You Would Need To Also Have A Captins Licence.
The First Licence Would Be A 6 Pack That Will Alow You To Take 6 Paying Custormer's Out For Charter .
And Then You Would Have To Get The Next Licence For More Peaple . I'm Not Shure Put I Think If You Want To Take More Then 6 Paying Custormer's Out The Boat Has To Built To Coats Guard Standerds :(
But If You Get All That . I Know Down Here In South Florida They Get Up To $ 200+ An Hour Per Person For A Go Fast Boat With A Minimum Of 4 Peaple .
Also You Will Captin The Boat Dont Let Anyone Else Drive It ... It Would Be A Nice Dream Job . Go Out On The Boat And Get Paid Some Good $$$ :)
Good Luck
Mike

Wild 01-31-2007 08:50 PM

Buddy OO where are you from in STL, what 50 do you have, im in O'Fallon and work in chesterfield and LOTO and have a 38 top gun

Randy Wild
www.paragonstl.com

Steve_H 01-31-2007 08:50 PM

there was a guy with a triple baja that did it for a while at LOTO. dont think he made out to well......

Mentalpause 01-31-2007 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Wild (Post 2011712)
Buddy OO where are you from in STL, what 50 do you have, im in O'Fallon and work in chesterfield and LOTO and have a 38 top gun

Randy Wild
www.paragonstl.com

It is Wiggler.

I would not go here for the reasons folks indicate, too much risk. But just MHO.

How was New Years? Will not be long before we are back on the lake!

Wild 01-31-2007 09:53 PM

Wiggler lives at LOTO - but if it is wiggler

whats up

Wild

New Years was the best one ever, mine and my wifes best trip to miami together.

See ya in a few months unless you are doing the Miami poker run

Buddy OO 02-01-2007 03:48 AM

Randy, actually from st. louis, was at the lake for 2 years building, came back to st. louis to start a new subdivision, have a captain, and was just wondering about the charter. have had some people ask me if I would do it, I was thinking 1,000-1200$ half day plus fuel, have insurance covered but may be a pain in the azz like John said, had a great new years, heard you had a party in Miami, See you guys soon at loto, put all new interior in the boat , looks awesome, Wiggler

Mentalpause 02-01-2007 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Buddy OO (Post 2011912)
put all new interior in the boat , looks awesome, Wiggler

Another reason not to do it!:drink:

jawbreakerkid 02-01-2007 08:47 AM

Randy, actually from st. louis, was at the lake for 2 years building, came back to st. louis to start a new subdivision, have a captain, and was just wondering about the charter. have had some people ask me if I would do it, I was thinking 1,000-1200$ half day plus fuel, have insurance covered but may be a pain in the azz like John said, had a great new years, heard you had a party in Miami, See you guys soon at loto, put all new interior in the boat , looks awesome, Wiggler

How is the progress on your "Supercat Cove" coming along? I remember you posting quite a bit of information on here a while back.

hammer01 02-01-2007 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Wild (Post 2011786)
Wiggler lives at LOTO - but if it is wiggler

whats up

Wild

New Years was the best one ever, mine and my wifes best trip to miami together.

See ya in a few months unless you are doing the Miami poker run

Randy, are you familiar with the 40 outlaw from loto called "luxman" i believe. trip 500's real wild colors, from kansas, he did the captain thing with his boat for a few years. I think there are several ads at the lake for his rental deal, $800 for a half day i think, but he mainly did it for all the poker runs and harbor hops as well. Curious how his insurance and so forth went for him.

SinkorSwim 02-01-2007 10:24 AM

Personally... I wouldn't mess with it...

All you are going to get is people wanting to go to PC...

Which means... :drink: :evilb: :crazy: and then you are :mad:

Tbonepmp 02-01-2007 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid (Post 2012067)
How is the progress on your "Supercat Cove" coming along? I remember you posting quite a bit of information on here a while back.

I was wondering the same thing...???

premiums 02-01-2007 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tbonepmp (Post 2012236)
I was wondering the same thing...???

Me To. I was looking for supercat cove summer 2006.

Wild 02-01-2007 12:30 PM

Where is the subdivision???

donzimanva 02-01-2007 12:39 PM

I actually started the process to set up a high performance charter business in the Virginia Beach area. No problem on buying the right boat. I have held a Master's License for 10 years. Took Tres's performance boating school. I do fishing charters now. No problems on fishing charter insurance. I have no claims ever. Started calling ALL of the insurers, my current provider, Markel, Total Dollar, all of them for insurance on a high performance charter business. No go. No one will write a policy for a performance charter business. Too high a risk is what they all told me.

Von Bongo 02-01-2007 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by donzimanva (Post 2012298)
Too high a risk is what they all told me.

I kind of see thier point but what about those jet boat charters that fly up and down the rivers, that seems to be comparable in risk.

Buddy OO 02-01-2007 05:50 PM

supercat cove was a neat concept that a few performance boaters thought up and we were slated and did a ton of work on the facility. It was going to be at Blue moon marina, we had hooters lined up to go in, designed a ticki bar on top of the facility, new pool, 124 condo's , boats on display, but the then owners were into turmoil, and backed out on selling it to us, I spent 6 months of hard work with designs, land surveyors, the city, banks, and boat manufacturers, one partner since sold out and there is now litigation over a bunch of items, Randy subdivision is in north county. might call oe Lino and see how he did with the charters, I have the insurance all set up with 2 of my agents, just dont think it's worth the hastle and drunks roaching my boat with beer in party cove.

Shallow Minded 02-01-2007 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Buddy OO (Post 2012651)
just dont think it's worth the hastle and drunks roaching my boat with beer in party cove.

And that's exactly what would happen, too. The types of folks that would be attracted to such a rental would also be looking to party it up...

Interesting concept, just don't know how you could pull it off and do it right. I'd feel sorry for the Captain pulling out of PC at 5:00 on a Saturday afternoon.

baywatch 02-01-2007 09:53 PM

If you wanted to do it to actually make a buck I think the thing to do would be get a little smaller much less expensive boat. The average yahoo doesn't know the difference between a baja and a Nortech.

Go buy a used 36' outlaw for 75k and then it won't be quite as painful when someone spills a beer all over the floor. By the sounds of it, Though, you're a busy guy and have a lot of more profitable endeavors to spend your time working on than hauling drunks around at the lake.

Just my .02