Any Thoughts on performance boating and Poker Runs

Notices

Any Thoughts on performance boating and Poker Runs

Old 02-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Any Thoughts on performance boating and Poker Runs

Since there have been several Bad crashes in the news and insurance is getting more and more expensive, does anyone have any speculation on what may happen to our addiction to Speed. Cat insurance is getting more expensive, Vee's are getting faster, The noise Police are everywhere.
Will the govt legistlate our fun with speed limits? Several of us were just talking about what we enjoy the most, and I wanted to know what OSO members thought.

No one enjoys speed more than me but you have to wonder when the govt is going to put a stop to the fun.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any Thoughts on performance boating and Poker Runs

I can see speed restrictions in the future, but it's going to be hard to enforce...The lake we boat on is approx 30X30 miles, if a boat 1.5 miles away is going 40 knots and another boat 5 miles past it is going 110 knots and the speed limit on the body of water is 60 knots how is something like that going to be enforced? As far as insurance is concerned I can see paying more money for more speed, now we all know 90% of boaters lie to their insurance agents about how fast the boat really goes...I don't believe the local authorities nor the US Coat Guard have the $$$ possible to truely enforce limits on the larger bodies of water.................my .02
Old 02-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink Re: Any Thoughts on performance boating and Poker Runs

Originally Posted by Fountain38
Since there have been several Bad crashes in the news and insurance is getting more and more expensive, does anyone have any speculation on what may happen to our addiction to Speed. Cat insurance is getting more expensive, Vee's are getting faster, The noise Police are everywhere.
Will the govt legistlate our fun with speed limits? Several of us were just talking about what we enjoy the most, and I wanted to know what OSO members thought.

No one enjoys speed more than me but you have to wonder when the govt is going to put a stop to the fun.
Performance Boat builders need to lobby the politians, money
talks and bull**** walks!!!The people don't run the government
BIG BUSINESS does.If the likes of Skater,Nortec,Eliminator,MTI,Spectre,Motion,Cigare tte,Fountain well you get the point!!!! Spend some of that $$$$$ on supporting the right people in congress.
Just my thoughts.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thats kinda of the direction I was going. Big money talks. Will the manufacturers cave in and will our big toys be a thing of the past? But Big money talks against our fun also. Just curious what everyone thinks.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Performance Boat builders need to lobby the politians, money
talks and bull**** walks!!!The people don't run the government
BIG BUSINESS does.If the likes of Skater,Nortec,Eliminator,MTI,Spectre,Motion,Cigare tte,Fountain well you get the point!!!! Spend some of that $$$$$ on supporting the right people in congress.
Just my thoughts.
the problem is, none of those companies listed are considered "big business". Fountain does what in sales? I think i read 72 mil, but am not sure. figure 10-20% profit margin thats at most 14 mil profit. That doesnt even cover the bonus for one exec at goldman sachs. Call me when a boat builder reaches $1,000,000,000 in sales. At most, builders will be able to work with small local govts, which basically control nothing since most of these boats are run in state or federal waters.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
the problem is, none of those companies listed are considered "big business". Fountain does what in sales? I think i read 72 mil, but am not sure. figure 10-20% profit margin thats at most 14 mil profit. That doesnt even cover the bonus for one exec at goldman sachs. Call me when a boat builder reaches $1,000,000,000 in sales. At most, builders will be able to work with small local govts, which basically control nothing since most of these boats are run in state or federal waters.

Very true but most fourtune 500 companies are not worried about performance boating.Most of the time it's small groups
doing all the complaining!!!Thats why all the marine industries
involved like mercury and mercruiser need to form a common
voice plus the power of the people.Doing nothing but taking it
will leave this market high & dry in the near future.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wonder where us performance boater will be left if we get stuck with high dollar machinery that we can't use except in the open water. Is that something we will have to worry about?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is already a lobbying organization that is out there that has begun to embrace the performance boating industry...SEMA. The Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association. There has been a performance boating display at the last few SEMA show in Vegas. They have been instrumental in lobbying for the aftermarket automotive industry. The performance boating manufacturers need to work with SEMA and form alliances so the industry as a whole can benefit.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by topfuel
There is already a lobbying organization that is out there that has begun to embrace the performance boating industry...SEMA. The Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association. There has been a performance boating display at the last few SEMA show in Vegas. They have been instrumental in lobbying for the aftermarket automotive industry. The performance boating manufacturers need to work with SEMA and form alliances so the industry as a whole can benefit.
Thats what I'm talkng about quit picking on the american tax payers trying to do something besides working and paying way to much taxes!!!! Lets do something about non citizens and rag heads getting there dam feelings heart all the time.
God it's almost like your punished for living the dream,not to mention being a white male. I'm sorry got of the subect just a bit. I just wish our leaders would grow a set before it's to late.
NOTE# History of the roman empire!! OK i'll stop typing
Old 02-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys, it's only going to get get worse with the democrats in power...God help us.

Quick Reply: Any Thoughts on performance boating and Poker Runs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.