Notices

Ettore powerboats?

Old 01-07-2002, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POPRA has photos up now of that race (finally).
http://www.pacificoffshore.com/ventu...uraphotos.html

Nort (aka Universal Chaos)
Old 01-07-2002, 03:10 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

The talk of Boat #1 and #2 sounds like these are the first two boats ever rigged and they are still learning how to step the bottom. There is no mention of Bob Teagues' yellow boat. His boat seems to run just fine as opposed to always seeing the Ettore nose high (and sometimes nose under ). Why is it so hard to setup a boat when there is one out there that seems to be running perfect.

G
Old 01-07-2002, 03:23 PM
DJD
Registered

Interesting point
Old 01-07-2002, 03:26 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

Teague has rolled his boat too.
Old 01-07-2002, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts
Gary, I think it has to do with the inline motor set up of the ettore boats. Teagues boat runs good. Theres plenty of racers that have rolled their boats. I don't think it has to do with the boat builder when you are talking about racing. It's conditions, drivers error, speeds, etc.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:39 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts
I didnt get to look inside the ettore boat in KW, but i must say the wiesmann drives (spelling) looked nothing short of awesome, which took some engineering to make work. i think you should be able to run what ever drive you like. it brings new designs to the sport. and does not give the monopoly to one manufacture as is the case presently.
by the way glad youre doing well Ryan.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:21 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Thanks Pete today is the first day out and about since the accident but they switched my pain medicine so I am doing much better. I totally agree about allowing any drive especially since in the long run some surface driver a cheaper becuase much less maintnence.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:41 PM
Registered

I would like to see the Weissman drive for the outboards I hear form my T-man they would be the ticket but are not allowed for our app.
Doug
eMotion Racing
Old 01-07-2002, 08:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ryan,
Hope all is going well. Let's catch up at the Miami show if you are there.
Old 01-07-2002, 08:20 PM
a711

Cigarette 1 and Tank:... Teague's boat rolled and sank in Benecia 2 years ago, he re-configured the bottom (at Eddie Marentz's shop)and it is an improvment, but he still gets lapped by the Fountains with #6's, did you see the boat at the Worlds last year ?. The boat still does not want to turn at all..he spends a lot of time on set up, and he is good at it.. still a very Ill-Handeling piece..(also still has supercharged engines in it, not class legal)

Ryan Beckley:... I don't know why you don't limit your posts to information about the Ettoree Boat, but instead have taken up a personal atack on me...which you started..., so I feel compelled to respond to the last piece of literary genius you spewed out...I did some reasearch on you with some friends in Florida who know you very well...

Responding to your unprovolked assault as follows:

"Hey Greg "Herman the German"...

I have no idea what that means and can only guess that this is some sort of derogitory reference to my last name sounding German and Jewish...do your friends know your an anti-semite ?.. better not Race with APBA, primarily owned by a Jewish man.

"Ive got a lot of trophies and checkered flags in my house"

I'm told that is true.... BUT THEY ARE FROM BICYCLE RACING, not Powerboat racing..

"As for my credibility in racing, if you do your homework, you would know"..

Your credibility in Offshore racing is I am told is non-existant, I can't criticize your performance because you don't have one to criticize, not in this sport anyway.

"I would have rather taken Danny Mac's approach of a 6 lite than blowing up drives every race"

This comment agains shows your need to just write something down to be a part of the group without engaging whatever brian cells you might have... First of all, "Danny Mac's approach" produced a top speed in Raoul's (and then Kip's) boat the of around 85 MPH the best day, in ideal conditions with the 6A Lite. It was a decent rought water set-up. My Phantom, along with Jerry Sorrentinos and Fred Inman's ran in excess of 101 MPH in the Kilo's in late 1999(all Bravo Driven). The "Danny Mac" setup was never in the game, except in very rough water.

"You showed you can't throttle"

I guess we all have opinions about each others throttling ability. Like I said, I have no opinion about yours since your not an OFFSHORE racer and have no history to look at, but maybe the people you injured (including yourself) rolling your pleasure Skater the other weekend have an opinion on your throttling abilities....

"you didn't care about wasting your Sponsors money"

You don't know me (even thought you say you do)and you have absolutely idea what I do or don't care about, or what my multiple Sponsor's did or did not care about. But since you feel the need write about things you have no clue about, I'll respond. I consistently produced higher return on investment numbers for my Sponsors than any other team in the Sport. Smart money says that someone of your caliber would not even begin to know how to calculate those figures, so I won't waste my time explaining the math to you.

"I did not buy my way in"

We agree on that one..... your not in.... and according to what I am told, never have been.. but more to the point, have you looked around at any races recently ?.. this sport is ALL ABOUT buying your way in, and that is what the most competative, most successful teams do and have done.

"No one likes you"

Completly innacurate....it may possibly be true that no one YOU KNOW likes me, but here is a shocker for you Ryan, I'm not looking to win a popularity contest, and from the sound if it I would have no interest in engaging in a conversation with anyone you call a friend anyway if they share your same values system and need to pontificate about subjects you have zero knowledge of, I have a long list of friends in teh Sport, some of the most well known names and most acomplished Racers, just becuase you are not aware of those relationships does not mean that they don't exist, its painfully obvious that your not aware of too many things.

"Surface drives were always legal"

Your wrong again (how shocking). They were specifically prohibited until late 1996, then in early 1997 they were allowed in (I was already committed to the Barvo in my project)primarily because of the Buzzi boat. To be honest, I can't imagine why I would even consider for one monent that you would know that.

This is my last post in this thread that will not be exclusively about the Ettoree Boat.

P.S.... Sean... you asked me to "lighten up"... so I did....

GR

Quick Reply: Ettore powerboats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.