Notices

Ettore powerboats?

Old 01-09-2002, 12:41 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Chris, looking forward to seeing that poster. You guys going to send an 8x10 or something back with the negs?

Tank
Old 01-09-2002, 12:51 AM
shoei

GO stickerboy GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont let him talk that way about you bro......hes a wantabeeeeeee himself...(flies in planes in full race uniform?) what up with that...Blamed Archers rig job on why his 28 Scarab didnt win races...So he sells it to Danny mac and gets SPANKED by his old boat......lets here all the storys now..

Old 01-09-2002, 01:50 AM
jsrichrdsn

Cigarette 1,
First of all I dont know how you can say Bob Teagues boat runs well. It has spun out multiple times and also rolled once. His boat has not been fast enough to get out of its own way, in Ventura Team Ettore was THREE MINUTES ahead of Team Woody.
Team Woody = Blown motors 1000hp each
Team Ettore = Non blown motors 780hp each
Once Team Ettore Squeegees fixes the poorly designed bottom on their 39'EXTREME they will be the boat (team) to beat!

Old 01-09-2002, 01:55 AM
NICKSLICK

Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but I am lucky enought to have my boat parked across the street from Team Ettore... and let me tell you, one day I went by and had a look at that boat. The drives were absolutely impressive, the boat is clean, the motors were like new.

From a laymans point of view, every point of their operation was of the highest respect.

Old 01-09-2002, 10:24 AM
GOT MERC?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Nothing against Exteme Powerboats, Mark Spates is one of the few boat builders in Florida that does not LIE like a rug. He builds a good quality boat, gives you the boat when he said he would, and does not sell the same boat 12 times to keep his checkbook full! On the other hand Michael Peters is the one that designed the bottom configuration for that boat he is the one that should be held accountable for EVERY 39 that was built. Mr. Peters needs to stick to cat bottoms. Every 39 Extreme has seen the bottom of the Atlanitc or Pacific and everybody is pointing fingers at the wrong guy. I have first hand experiance on how screwed up the bottom on that boat is we tried everything to make it run.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:33 AM
GOT MERC?

Wink

Oh one more thing, HIGHBIDDER better get his facts straight the FIRST! 39 Extreme to be rigged and raced EVER! Was on the EAST COAST!
Mr Teague called us to see where we were cutting our X dimension!
Old 01-09-2002, 10:47 AM
Registered

Quickshift,
I would be interested in poster size picture
let me know if you get them and how much.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:58 PM
a711

Shoei: You write about me like you know me, but as usual, I have no idea who you are, and your post proves that just like your buddy Stickerboy, you have no clue about the things you write about.

My 28' you are referring to had a very bad CG when Arcer rigged it for me and was nearly UNRACEABLE in anything but flat water, it just was too nose light to be competative, but I STILL won a few races with it against the likes of Nigel Hook and Lance Hendrickson, not an easy task.

The reason I wear a full race uniform on Airplanes is because I was contracturaly obligated to do so under my Sponsorship agreements.... some of us are paid professionals....again, I would not expect you or your friends to understand anything about the business of racing, but I do understand your need to make post so you feel a part of the group.

I did not sell that boat to "Danny Mac"... once again, your completly wrong....Raoul Broch purchaed that boat from me, Dan was his throttleman for a while....so Dan spent some time in the boat.

I only raced againt that boat (in my new boat)for maybe 2 races and the boat was never in front of me except that I believe we broke drives (or a ruptured a ballast tank and got steamed out)in both of those races so they might have finished in front of us since we were not running.

By the way, there is a very important point that you left out about my old boat which I would not expect you to print even if you knew it because your and your half-witted buddies are far more interested in spewing bile about me than printing facts... which is that Dan Macnamara MOVED THE ENGINE FORWARD 17 INCHES before he very raced that boat with the Owner, Raoul. The CG was so messed up and the handeling was so bad from the initial Archer rig-job that I live with for 2 years that he could not even race it the way I was racing it. it was my first true race boat and it just took me awhile to realize what the set up should have been...

Good Fella:

Show me in any post I have made where I claim that the first Extreme 39 boat rigged was on the West Coast ?. I never printed that, are you just making it up to hvae something negative to say about me ?.. I know the boat went to pat Sullivan, an East Coast racer, (who also had the destinction of being the first to flipp his Extreme boat as well, and Pat is a good throttleman, tough competitor, I've raced against him in Key West).

Keep the B.S. and misinformation coming boys if it makes you feel important and included, I'll keep responding with the facts, but do me a favor, at least print something truthful and accurate once in a while so you you don't look like the complete schmucks that you are all the time.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: highbidder ]

Old 01-09-2002, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
..I'm getting that warm & fuzzy feeling..
Old 01-09-2002, 11:25 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
tank, we will get the negatives back to you soon. I talked to the guy tonite that is doing the work. You had some other good shots, were you looking for others to be blown up? Can we post them on our site? Depending on the mounting is what it cost but once I get the prices I will post that probablly friday. He is doing some proofs now. stay tuned.
goodfella, I think what you stated was true. The boat was started wrong and poor mark has been stuck trying to fix it. I plan on letting him know what we found testing. what worked what didn't. We know what its like fighting the big guys, sometimes a little help can go along way.
pat W
p.s. tank, tell my brother to throttle back. I told him today to chill some people are on our side.

Quick Reply: Ettore powerboats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.