Notices

Ettore powerboats?

Old 01-12-2002, 01:29 PM
shoei

MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU RYAN. SOMEBODY FINALLY HAS PUT HIGHBIDDER IN HIS PLACE.

IN REPSONSE TO HIGHBIDDER’S ATTACK ON MY FELLOW RACERS AND FRIENDS:

“HERMAN THE GERMAN”- HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR ETHNICITY AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR “NAPOLEONIC” TYPE ATTITUDE.

RYAN “WANNABE” BOAT RACER- HIGHBIDDER YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA WHO RYAN IS, BUT WHAT COULD WE EXPECT FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER WON A NATIONAL TITLE OR A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE. RYAN HAS. IF ANYBODY IS A WANNABE, I BELIEVE IT IS YOU.

WEARING UNIFORMS ON THE PLANE - IN YOUR CONTRACT, RIGHT. YOUR SPONSORS, COULD GIVE A SH__ IF YOU WENT NAKED WITH THEIR LOGO TATTOOED ON YOUR ASS….IN FACT, THIS WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY GIVEN THEM MORE IN-FOCUS EXPOSURE (YA KNOW, MORE FOR THEIR $$$), THAN YOUR LACK LUSTER PERFORMANCE IN OFFSHORE RACING.

KILO RECORDS, YOU HAVE ONE, IT HAD LITTLE TO DO WITH YOUR ABILITIES AS A THROTTLEMAN, AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE MOTOR BUILT BY PAUL PFAFF.

DIVISIONAL TITLE, YOU ONLY ACHIEVED THIS ONCE

SPONSORSHIP- HOW MUCH DID YOU ACTUALLY ACQUIRE IN SPONSORSHIP $$$$. RAIN X, YES SOME MONEY, BUT NOT AS MUCH AS PEOPLE THINK OR THAT YOU SAID. ENTREPRENEUR MAGAZINE, YOU SWINDLED THEM PRETTY GOOD, OBVIOUSLY THEY WERE IMPRESSED WITH YOUR PERFORMANCE. HOW COME THEY ONLY SPONSORED YOU FOR ONE YEAR? SOLAREYES, WOW- FREE SUNGLASSES, HOW COME WE NEVER SAW YOU WEARING A PAIR?

YOUR EXPERTISE AS AN OFFSHORE RACER. REMEMBER ST. PETE 1999? YOU HAVE SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE THAT I BELIEVE IT GOT IN THE WAY, CLOUDED YOUR MIND, AND YOU JUST PLAIN FORGOT THAT A SHIRT (race uniform) CAN BE USED TO PLUG THE TRANSOM OF THE BOAT WHEN THE GIMBLE SHAKES LOOSE. BUT, OF COURSE, YOU WERE AWARE OF THAT.

YOU HAVE FRIENDS- NOT IN THIS SPORT….MAYBE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR ATTITUDE TOWARDS OTHERS. GET A LIFE….

P.S. GET IT STRAIGHT….. IT’S RYAN BECKLEY (AKA- STICKER BOY)

Old 01-12-2002, 04:45 PM
GOT MERC?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Looks like your are out numbered on this one
HERMAN the GERMAN!
Ryan is your DADDY!!!!! LOL
Old 01-12-2002, 09:19 PM
a711

Goodfella:

The important question is not if someone finds thenself "out numbered", it is finding out the motivations, intellect and adgenda's of those who line up to outnumber them.

I never worry too much abot being out numbered.

OJ was found innocent because the truth got "out numbered".

GR

Old 01-13-2002, 12:35 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OJ was really guilty???????
Did you here that OJ was getting married again? He wants to take another stab at it...
Rerigging starts next week. The bottom mod is done we are just waiting on the new wind/water shield and the electical. It should be in the water mid Feb.
pat W
Old 01-13-2002, 01:21 AM
newbzz

pat
what did you think of that stuff shot?
tom n

Old 01-13-2002, 01:22 AM
a711

Steve Miklos:

I would never expect you to be able to get permission form your boss Mike A to agree with me on any issue I argue because I have frequently taken strong positions against what Mike, you and the APBA promote, so your comments don't surprise me and are to be expected.

As a side point, did you know that the person you are endorsing started a personal attack on me without any reason at all, no advance from me, no harsh words from me, as a matter of fact I never even knew his name or mentioned it in any post in my life until I found myself on the other end of his BS attacks.....

Do you consider that professional conduct as well Steve ?, attacking someone for no reason, with completly innacurate information, and even worse, in a public forum ? this is the guy your lining up with....this is the guy you are defending.

And as for the defininition of the word professional, you and I obviously disagree on that....., WEBSTER says it is is defined as....

"Participating for gain or livelyhood in an activity or field engaged in by amatures"...

Which would limit the participants described as "professionals" in offshore powerboat racing to a very few people, names like...

John Tomlinson
Jerry GIlbreth
Bobby Moore
and a very few others....

and wether you like ot or not (not referring to skill level of course...) ME as well.

Your comment about Ryan not boasting about the skill he has (or does not have) is not relevant to being a professional...

Boasting or not boasting MAY be an element associated with acting with a degree of "Professionalism", but that very much depends on who is looking under the microscope if you know what I mean.

If you read any entire thread, every time I blow holes in the lies and bile Ryan is spewing about me by reciting the facts, he completly ignores the factual information (even when others correct him) and then responds by spewing another shower of bile... making it up as he goes along....

For instance, in the most recent attack, he says had absolutely no clue what I was doing running the trim and tabs in the HCM boat in St. Pete 2 years ago.... but what he DOES NOT SAY (and this is the tip of the iceberg of what he conveniently leaves out of his poison filled posts, partly because his goal is the to be destructive, and mostly becuase of his ignorance) is we (Rod and I) raced deck-to-deck and were glued to Don Q for 4 laps, they finished maybe 5 seconds ahead of us, and they had NO PROBLEMS at all, I talked to Pat after the race, and he said we raced him clean and he had no pronblems, we also ran down and passed Out-of-bounds, and they also had no problems.... it was only maybe my 6th or 7th time running in that boat, and we were very competative and in fact whipped some seasoned comptition straight up...I guess they would suck at thier skills as well according to Mr, Critic, Ryan Beckley.

Again, this "professional" you are endorsing talks about events he knows nothing about and makes it up as he goes along...

If you take the time to read the threads where I talk about my accomplishments, it is always in an effort to establish that I have been doing this for awhile, and (again, like it or not) have accomplshed some significnat things in an effort to defend myself against comments from those who express poorly founded or innacurate opinons about me. I don't start any posts pontificating about myself at all.... I spend most of my time fending off attacks from people very jelous of what I accomplshed in the sport that try to minimize what I did.....

I am trying to ignore these things, especially from the most insignificant of people (like Ryan) but it is difficult, I am sure you can appreciate that because I ahve seen you post relpy's as well defending things you were doing that were not fairly cirticized.

Lets get down to brass tacks here...

How many OFFSHORE Teams (or even purpose built race boats) has Ryan owned
How many REAL MONEY SPONSORS has Ryan landed
How many OFFSHORE RACES has Ryan won
How may KILO RECORDS has Ryan set
How many Championships (division or otherwise) has Ryan taken home in OUR SPORT.
I also was did around 50 TV shows on the subject sport, and believe me, it was not because of my charming personality.... Speedvision like my in-depth knowledge and I hvae the MEMOS from them to prove it.

What are the real numbers ?, the REAL stat's, not the BS, not the angry words of a frustrated wanna-be....lets talk real accomplishments.

I'll be glad to put my "terrible" record up against his anytime.

If you take this for what it is, and you take the time to read who is doing the attacking, and who started it for apparently no reason at all other than jelousy and envy, and you have any interest in being fair about your commentsit, you might take a different position.

GR

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: highbidder ]

Old 01-13-2002, 01:47 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Question

How many OFFSHORE Teams has Ryan owned
How many REAL MONEY SPONSORS has Ryan landed
How many OFFSHORE RACES has Ryan won
How may KILO RECORDS has Ryan set
How many Championships (division or otherwise) has Ryan taken home in OUR SPORT.

1- 1 I've raced my own 24 Skater this year.
2- 4 (Recycle America, Action Jet Sports, Albrittion Towing, & Street Eagle motorcycle rentals)
3- 9 (2 in the Havoline S-28 driving, 2 in Utterly Fantastic F3-36 driving, 2 in Solid Gold P3-25 throttling, 1 in Team Virgin Riendl, 2 in Kinetic P2-24 throttling)
4- 0 Kilo records. (hopefully someday)
5- 2 (2001 Force series champion P2 class, 2001 World/National Champion) both of these championships were won in my 24 Skater, but I had no competion in either, but a win is a win right?
Old 01-13-2002, 02:27 AM
KOZ MAN

It's clear that this moron, 'highbidder" is one sorry individual!

As he replied to my comment earlier ... "I don't care!, " or should I say, WE DON"T CARE!

Frankly, I'm tired of his "encyclopedia offshore" mentality!

What an A$$!

He's boring us all!

We all strive to be! And some of us will!
Give us a break!

You think you are!
But, I've never heard of you,
so you can't be that great!

I've been around for a long time too.

Glad to see you're a legend in your own mind!

Now please keep it that way!!

Next!!!

Who the "F" do you think you are anyway?

Get of your low horse!

You are surely

And. I'm sure no one cares about want he's ranting about

Old 01-13-2002, 02:52 AM
KOZ MAN

Whoops!

I meant to delete those last four lines,
but I guess it doesn't matter.

You still bore me!

Old 01-13-2002, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen/Ladies,
This sport is all about being competitive and having fun pursuing our passion! If we were not "passionate" about our pursuits there would never be champions nor people who aspired to be. So therefor I accept that passion at times over rules good sense and emotion but it should never exceed the common sense theme of "treating others as you would have them treat you".

I am not a regular contributor to this board as a poster or commentator. Because of my job responsibilities. But I feel compelled to try and set this interesting topic on a continuing positive trend. A statement was made that it would be nice to know more technically here so all (the sport and industry)can continue to grow and mature.

This boat(Ettore)in my opinion is what racing is all about! The owners, Mark Spate (Extreme Boats)the Weismann's, the driver and throttleman are all pushing the edge of technology. Nothing is perfect and it takes time, effort and persistence to improve something. We all know that what works in one situation may not work in another. It takes guts and yes sometimes even risks to be different.

Now from a firsthand perspective this past year I personally have spent more hours in the capsule of an Extreme 31 both driving and throttling (courtesy of the GM Vortec/Extreme Team and Steve Miklos)than probably 98% of the rest of the population. I can attest that the 31 Extreme Boat can handle extremely capably in various water conditions. But you have to "learn" how to get the best out of it. Throttle and trim are extremely important, as they should be, if you want ultimate control.

From personal experience I do not believe you could find a more passionate builder than Mark Spate of Extreme. He is commited to making his product the best it can be. He like the Ettore team learns from every experience and I am confident that Mark will continue to improve on every Extreme he builds. It's his nature!

The Weismann drive/motor combination is different! Racing is all about speed, boat control and skill at the helm. Everyone knows that a boat is a "system" that is only as good as it's weakest link. This team is just sorting out what it needs to do and what needs to get fixed in the "System"! Give them a chance. We know the drive can find speed ... it's shown that. The system planes, lands, turns and accelerates the craft.

Every good racer I know worry's and debates minute details like weighting, proping, ballast, fueling amount, trim, etc. Give the Ettore team time to work these out and the next shot you might see of them in Powerboat is flying the finish line in first place!

I for one admire all of these pioneers in technology. I encourage them to continue in spite of set-backs. If it were easy then it would not be the challenge we all chase!

Good Luck and Safe Racing to all competitors and their crew in 2002!

Mark Skrzypek

Quick Reply: Ettore powerboats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.