Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Notices

Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Old 02-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Re: Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Originally Posted by Chuck
I have a couple of friends with 32's and took a good look at John's F4. They seem to be great boats and from what I have personally seen they have the level of service that these types of toys should. Now Neil, just step up and get the 36 your dying for!!!!!
Did you get your new one yet?
Old 02-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone shopping for a new 38-40+ boat should look real hard at an F-4. I am not saying they are the best, or better than cigarette, outerlimits, nortech or any other manufacture. I am just saying they are a boat worth owning and a strong contender in the arena. I have never been a huge sunsation fan; until I had the pleasure of crawling all over one. I was on an F-4 the other day at the factory. These boats are built very well, attention to detail is absolutely incredible! I don't think it's fair when people come on oso and share their opinions and air dirty laundry about products without real world knowledge or experience, just what they have heard from others people...just doesn't make sense.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In general, it is hard for any company to spend years creating a certain niche or brand identity for themselve, and then try to quickly move themselves into a higher place within the market.

People will compare you to what you have built in the past. Many people are very familiar with the 28 and 32 Sunsations and will base their judgement of the F4 on that of the smaller boats. Since we are talking cars, this is why Toyota did not try to move the market with higher end cars, but developed a new name and brand identity... Lexus. Unfortunatley, boat builders produce less product and can not go this route very easily. The proof will be in the boat itself and how Sunsation continues to market their product.

With that said, the Sunsation display at the Chicago boat show was that of a lesser builder. If you are going to move your product to a higher notch in the consumers mind, you have to do a better job of marketing your goods. The F-4 should have been a highlight of the show, rather than another boat squeezed among so many others.

Perception = reality!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:01 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Chris
I don't think it's fair when people come on oso and share their opinions and air dirty laundry about products without real world knowledge or experience, just what they have heard from others people...just doesn't make sense.
plese tell me your not talking about me..

Last edited by SCARABJ; 02-05-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
With that said, the Sunsation display at the Chicago boat show was that of a lesser builder.
I agree. It looked to me like the display at AC was a 10 fold improvement. Chicago was bad. Hopefully a lesson learned.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered

Re: Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
You just had to go their. We had gone 2 whole pages and Fountain wasnt even in this. Some how I just figured it wouldnt be long till the Fountain was brought into this.
The *****es they brought baja up too , Gee it must be winter, AND JUST IN CASE I am joking
Old 02-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

In 2000 or 2001 (don't remember) a fellow boater, Andy Doin (sp?) also from Houston, came w/ us to the KW. We headed out Govt. Cut w/ fairly large rollers and the 32 Sunsation cracked wide open on the back 1/2 of the boat. Luckily, they were able to make it back to Monty's and tie to the dock to assess damages. The boat was not sinking and was actually boated back to Haulover and put on the trailer. It took a couple years for Andy to settle the issue.

2006, this past summer, a similar boat hit a ship wake in the Galv. Channel and sunk. No one was critically hurt, from my understanding.

My next door neighbor is one of the $$$$ guys for Dave D., and from what I understand he likes the boats quite a bit. I see his demo just about every weekend pulling into and out of his slip in our subdivision. Good lookin' boats.

Joe
Old 02-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Registered

Red face Re: Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
With that said, the Sunsation display at the Chicago boat show was that of a lesser builder. If you are going to move your product to a higher notch in the consumers mind, you have to do a better job of marketing your goods. The F-4 should have been a highlight of the show, rather than another boat squeezed among so many others.

Perception = reality!
And the only Cig I saw at the show was in what looked like the Baja space
Old 02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Tazz
JS I have to respectfully disagree with about Lambos quality and reliability. I've owned many Ferraris and can tell you they have nothing on Lamborghini. You obviously don't have first hand experience.
I agree 100%.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Let's put it this way....You'll never hear a Cigarette, OL, or Nor-Tech dealer saying, "It's right up there with a Sunsation"

Matter of fact, you'll never hear any of them compairing themselves to ANYONE!

Quick Reply: Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.