Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Old 02-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
And the only Cig I saw at the show was in what looked like the Baja space
Grand Sports sells both Baja and Cig, so they are always displayed in the same booth. However, you will always see the Cig on the outside 'hallway' of the display, so one can see the entire boat as they walk the show.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris
Anyone shopping for a new 38-40+ boat should look real hard at an F-4. I am not saying they are the best, or better than cigarette, outerlimits, nortech or any other manufacture. I am just saying they are a boat worth owning and a strong contender in the arena. I have never been a huge sunsation fan; until I had the pleasure of crawling all over one. I was on an F-4 the other day at the factory. These boats are built very well, attention to detail is absolutely incredible! I don't think it's fair when people come on oso and share their opinions and air dirty laundry about products without real world knowledge or experience, just what they have heard from others people...just doesn't make sense.
Like anyone can believe a word you say
Old 02-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Let's put it this way....You'll never hear a Cigarette, OL, or Nor-Tech dealer saying, "It's right up there with a Sunsation"

Matter of fact, you'll never hear any of them compairing themselves to ANYONE!
I aggree 100% & you will also never here a Ferrari or Lambo dealer comparing there product to a Vette or Mustang.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Registered

Anyone who actually has crawled around the F-4 knows it's a well built and rigged boat. While the display sucked at the Chicago show the F-4 will sell itself and from what I seen, NOT because of price alone. I crawled over the Cig at the Chicago show as well for comparison as well as the Donzi's.

And puleeeeeze! Would some of you experts be bright enough to sink it in your heads there are two different 32' Sunsation hullls that are not even close to even remotely resembling each other, nor function anything like the other on big or small water. One is a PAD boat and one is not! Sheeesh!

Joe and Wayne are humble people who don't need stunts or gimmicks to sell their boats. Stand up family that ARE THE EXAMPLE others should follow on how to treat a Customer. The half azzed flame job a couple are spewing are those with a agenda to flame, and that's it. If you had actually ever been to the factory and seen the attention to detail and the amount of pride built into the boats, then comment away, otherwise the he said she said chit should be reserved for builders who deserve it. Christ you'd think Sunsation is the only builder to have had hull failures the way a couple have carried on in this thread.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ZP'd
Anyone who actually has crawled around the F-4 knows it's a well built and rigged boat. While the display sucked at the Chicago show the F-4 will sell itself and from what I seen, NOT because of price alone. I crawled over the Cig at the Chicago show as well for comparison as well as the Donzi's.

And puleeeeeze! Would some of you experts be bright enough to sink it in your heads there are two different 32' Sunsation hullls that are not even close to even remotely resembling each other, nor function anything like the other on big or small water. One is a PAD boat and one is not! Sheeesh!

Joe and Wayne are humble people who don't need stunts or gimmicks to sell their boats. Stand up family that ARE THE EXAMPLE others should follow on how to treat a Customer. The half azzed flame job a couple are spewing are those with a agenda to flame, and that's it. If you had actually ever been to the factory and seen the attention to detail and the amount of pride built into the boats, then comment away, otherwise the he said she said chit should be reserved for builders who deserve it. Christ you'd think Sunsation is the only builder to have had hull failures the way a couple have carried on in this thread.

Ok..... But, what's your point?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

The 32 SS I saw at the Houston Boat show and it looked like 80’s or 90's Baja with nice gauges. In my opinion you get what you pay for....

Last edited by crb76; 02-06-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to see them build a race boat for SV or F1. Sunsation promotes itself as a World Champion Powerboat but doesn't have a real race team. That is too bad.

Last edited by Wahoo ATV; 02-06-2007 at 09:26 AM. Reason: can't spell
Old 02-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
Grand Sports sells both Baja and Cig, so they are always displayed in the same booth. However, you will always see the Cig on the outside 'hallway' of the display, so one can see the entire boat as they walk the show.
Correct.
Attached Thumbnails Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech-chicago-boat-show-2007-005-large-.jpg   Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech-chicago-boat-show-2007-006-large-.jpg  
Old 02-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Matter of fact, you'll never hear any of them compairing themselves to ANYONE!
They all do direct comparisons, atleast the salesman do in order to point out their strong points and the competitors weaknesses. Attend any boat show and ask how does your product stack up against xyz brand and you will hear the comparisons.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
I would love to see them build a race boat for SV or F1. Sunsation promotes itself as a World Champion Powerboat but doesn't have a real race team. That is too bad.

Cigarette and Nortech do not have factory teams currently either. They won a championship with their 32 a few years back. I don't honestly follow racing/ classes/ manufacturers racing efforts too closely. Racing is expensive when factory support is given and they only built 100 boats a year so I can see why any manufacturer would want to think twice about factory supported race teams.

Quick Reply: Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.