Question for the VA Beach guys...... >

Question for the VA Beach guys......

Notices

Question for the VA Beach guys......

Old 02-05-2007, 06:50 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Question for the VA Beach guys......

I'm looking to bring the kids to Rudee Inlet for July 4th and stay Wed thru Sat-Sun. What marinas are in Rudee that would be better suited for several nights with the kids. My main goal is to see the fireworks July 4th (WED), or is there anywhere else that puts on a better show?

We'll need decent facilities (bathrooms) since we'll be 5 staying on a 38 Formula, walking distance to the beach during the day, restaurants at night.
Thanks,
Russ C.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:00 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Question for the VA Beach guys......

You'd be better off staying in Lynnhaven Inlet - Like Marina Shores.

I am not aware of any "decent" marinas in Rudee inlet. Most cater to fishing vessels, big cruisers, or jet ski rentals.

The best show is off Lynnhaven inlet in the ches bay. From that vantage point, you can see more firework displays than you thought possible - including the one off the resort strip.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 02-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

waterside has fireworks good show,tidewater yacht, ocean marine, waterside marina. down town norfolk jillian's for the kids, tidewater yacth has a pool, nice ride to the tiki bar lots off sand dollers.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Russ there is a marina in there worth staying at, but the name escapes me right now (Fisherman's Wharf?). James has stayed before (I think) so you might want to ask him how it is setup. With kids close to the beach is the way to go
Old 02-05-2007, 10:29 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Reckless32
Russ there is a marina in there worth staying at, but the name escapes me right now (Fisherman's Wharf?). James has stayed before (I think) so you might want to ask him how it is setup. With kids close to the beach is the way to go

Thanks Rick,
I'll ask James later this week....I actually only want to stay in Rudee's for 2 nights so the kids have the beach then move somewhere else. Whether I stay in Rudee Inlet Tues-Thurs or Fri-Sun I don't really care, I just want to get in a good firework show. I'll probably move around some the rest of the time. I have stayed at Marina Shores but back in my "express cruiser" days....

Are there any sandy beaches that you guys anchor at like Chippokes or the gravel pits (up by Richmond)? That may be a good place to let the kids burn some energy when were not at the oceanfront.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:27 AM
Registered

i beleive it is Fishermans Wharf, about 300 yards from the beach so not a bad walk, aslo there are quite a few restaurants in there. no pools , you will have to sneak into hotel's to keep the kids happy :
Old 02-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fisherman's Wharf is correct. The # is 757 428-2111. It is about 6 blocks from the ocean front.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Sure inside Lynnhaven in Broad Bay at the Narrows is a good place for the youngins' to burn energy. Off the beach between Lynnhaven and Cape Henry; between Lynnhaven and ChesBay bridge; and over at the tiki bar on the eastern shore. If the ocean is nice and calm, you can anchor off the resort beach (not too close) in about 20 feet of water with light swells. Not sure how fun that would be though outside of just wathcing the beach and swimming around the boat. If you trailer down you can put in at Owls Creek back inside Rudees next to the marine science museum, or at Lynnhaven next to the bridge.

Day trips would be back at the Cove next to the I-64 high span bridge, or even down the intercoastal a ways thru a couple of the locks/drawbridges which is cool if you've never done it.

As you get closer to the time we'll fill you full of things to do.

If i get my shore power finished you can even tie up at my house just down the channel form Marina Shores for night of BBQ and beverage.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reckless32
If i get my shore power finished you can even tie up at my house just down the channel form Marina Shores for night of BBQ and beverage.

We might take you up on that offer
Old 02-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Russ, We partied with some of the Hampton gang at the Narrows a few years ago. Had a blast. The only issue is that there is a lot of boat traffic and you have to beach your boat.

Quick Reply: Question for the VA Beach guys......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.