Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake George Ice Races (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150872-lake-george-ice-races.html)

AIR TIME 02-06-2007 12:20 PM

Lake George Ice Races

Do they still have the 4x4 races, I use to race up there with old colony4x4 out of bridgewater mass, man its been 19 fn years since I last raced $60 per class , I ran unlimited tire, true tracks 32x11.5x15 with a 1,000 flat track ice racing screws per tire. they were the best, I was underfeated from 82, 86,88 and one year with no date, 83 no truck so its either 84,85,87? not sure, now that was for drags and obstacle coarse .84 I custom order a red F150 stepside low gears c6 auto,all power 351ho limited slip front, locker rear twin shocks up front,IT HAD A 6'' LIFT WITH 35s, 36s, the truck screamed had it for 9yrs did mud bogs,sand drags, truck pulls, and off roading,traded it in on a bmw325 cov,in 93. GOD DO I miss it but the club broke up in 89, so I bought the baja in 90using the truck to pull the boat. hoping to race it:rolleyes: ,friend was a baja dealer I could of had a used 26 sutphen for 5gs more back then oh well. but got to race in 2002 broke myself, my nav, bolsters, put so did alot of other boats, well just wondering if it still is running the race if so I'LL BE BACK NEXTED YEAR, Oh I gave away those tires too:eek: back then it cost me 40000 racing screws 200to 300, and the labor he had screw parties on weekends when you finished screwing your tire 1st you and your girlfiend got the bedroom:p for the night. it took 2 to 3 weeks to do one set tires 2 guys we made to sets plus we had stock tires class, stock stud class, and powder buff girls my wife never lost a drag, I had the big trophy that the winning club gets for the overall for 6mons out of one yr that the club had it. was cool,just need to get back on my feet seeing another doc in feb about doing a knee replacement ,so I can make money and do the things I love boating and 4 wheeling.

TeamSaris 02-06-2007 02:01 PM

Re: Lake George Ice Races

The Lake is frozen but Im waiting another week and a half before I go out.;)

AIR TIME 02-06-2007 06:54 PM

so do they still have the races on prez washington's weekend every year will shane know?? or did it die out in 1990 I think the ice was to thin in 89 and they raced in the parking area at million dollar beach if I got the name right, never been there during the summer, I have dry ex, no muffs:eek: :p :D love the ocean no speed limits too its the last frontier:( if they have the races can you get me a phone #to the winter carnival thats who put the races on. thanks art

TeamSaris 02-06-2007 08:29 PM

If there on (i think so) ill let you know!

AIR TIME 02-06-2007 08:42 PM