Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boathead, I need a price check!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15100-boathead-i-need-price-check.html)

Waterfoul 01-07-2002 04:27 PM

Boathead, I need a price check!!!

Hey Paul, could you have Monique check the price on a front wheel bearing assembly for me? 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 4 wheel drive, 5.2 litre engine. Its the hub assembly, only available from the dealer. Or a junk yard and the last time I did that it was just that, junk.

And this time I will pay first!!!!

Mike

MitchStellin 01-07-2002 04:49 PM

Another one? I thought Dodges had only two bearings? LOL I replaced one at 140K and the other is still alive with 175K. Even the big tires and wide rims don't seem to damage them. It must be those pot holes in GR that are killing you. That and having to back your whole truck into the water at the ramp. LOL. You really should unhook the bow before you launch. :eek: :D

Waterfoul 01-07-2002 04:55 PM

My front end is pretty sloppy. Probably not to straight in the alo\ignment area either. If I could find the damn receipt for the last one, I probably wouldn't have to pay for this one (only been 9 months). It was the other side, but what do they know at the parts counter!!! But hell if I can find it. It isn't in my truck file or in my glove box. I'm a bit miffed. Not a cheap part!!

JIM H 01-07-2002 07:57 PM

waterfoul you should try wrenchhead.com the have the best part prices on the net.they are usually at wholesale prices

Waterfoul 01-07-2002 08:09 PM

Jim, I've tried EVERY parts distributor there is. DEALER ONLY is what I am always told. It is a Timkin bearing set already in the hub assembly. Complete with the lug bolts. Really pisses me off that Dodge can hold the patent and distribution on their parts for so long. I have even tried to cross it with ford and chevy parts. No luck. My truck uses the same brake rotors as the same year chevy, but not the bearings.

Waterfoul 01-08-2002 06:41 PM

TO the Top

gofastboater 01-08-2002 09:48 PM

Mike, Ive got an awsome mechanic that works on all of my Dodge Trucks. His resume includes thirty years at K&M Dodge, working on trucks. He is a wiz, He is the only one I let touch my trucks. He also has a list of distributiors that can find that hard to find part. He had a front axle shaft at his doorstep in 18hrs from a suplier in Tennessee for me. I shopped everywhere!!! Get a Hold of me and I can reach out to him for you...he is very reasonable on labor as well....

GFB

Waterfoul 01-09-2002 05:41 PM

GFB, I can do the work myself. It's not hard. Takes me about an hour and a half from lug nut removal to test drive. Done it twice before (this will be the second time on the drivers side). I just need the part. Thanks!

Mike

Waterfoul 01-09-2002 10:15 PM

To the top. Boathead, you out there???

Red Stripe 01-09-2002 11:22 PM

Waterfoul, If you've already done it before on that side, are you sure your doing it correctly? :eek: :eek: LMAO
Just Kidding :D :D
Good luck on your search!!