Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thanks Mike. Very thorough indeed...

Sean
Old 01-08-2002, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Donzimitch- As you may have seen in the readers rides post I had a 89 Z33,I loved that boat, then it got stolen and gutted. Did you drive the **** out of that thing? I had no structural problems with mine whatsoever, how many hours were on yours?
Old 01-08-2002, 05:04 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

Thanks Folks, I get asked all the time about vacuum bagging construction. The examples and explanations are excellent. Hec of a lot better than this tired old squid naval officer could have ever done.

Chris, I hope all works out well with you on your repair work. You have waited a long time and deserve the best. I am glad Donzi is backing there boat. Good luck and happy boating. I envy your good weather. We had it nice here in Virginia Beach until about a week ago. Please keep us posted. Again good luck.
Old 01-08-2002, 05:49 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Hey Mr DONZIMAN2, I am leaving after the first brief tomorrow...
63 degree forecast!
Bryan
Old 01-08-2002, 05:51 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

Does that mean you are going to dump some more Anti-Freeze? Give me a call later. I may drive tomorrow.
Old 01-08-2002, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Troutly, To anwser your Q's on Active Thunder
w/575, under 250, is slightly high. About 235k with all the toys, tv, ac/heat, trailer, and all the quality components that usually are std. Also the new millenium cabins are included with any kind of paint job that you can dream of. The best part is there warranty, lifetime. No wood what so ever, anywhere, and quality construction, vacuum bagged and so forth. Check their site out www.activethunderboats.com go to Latest news, you can see AT Dans 37 under construction, check the bolts out in their seats, check the hull out, its all there, nothin to hide. Go to graphics, My boat is Radio Active , Dans is Thunderstorm. All the info is there on their site. They are as close as your going to get, especially for the $, to an Outerlimits.

As to Donzi they are finally fixing my uncles 2001 38Daytona. Their warranty is for ****, took 3 months of arguing to fix hull delams, fairing cracks, stitching comin undone, the list goes on. What good is a DONZI-CARE warranty if they dont fix anything, they are overpriced by 60k with the same options as to my A.T. and were more than the Outerlimits by 3500.00. No comparision, I just wish they would quit jackin my uncle around. Good luck to everyone, see ya on the water
Old 01-08-2002, 06:28 PM
Frank Civitano

Chris, fantastic! I am happy to see they are taking care of the problem. DonziMitch, I will agree with you from the past Donzis, In the 80s OMC bought the company and they cut corners Big time! They sent Donzi down hill just like they did with Chris Craft, The Scorpions Transoms were falling off. But the new company is pulling Donzi in to the future, They are coming out with new models for the up coming future also the F-2 race boat will be making her day view this year and there is plans for 2 Cats. They are also talking about making Custom Boats from the new 38 design, I owned a 22ZX that I will say took a beating like no other boat in her class could or would of ever taken, I have a lot of faith in the new Donzi thats why I bought a new one.
Frank

Old 01-08-2002, 08:43 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

I almost forgot to add earlier than Donzi uses polyurethane foam in there stringer system and transom, and Divinycell coring in the hullsides. The totally WOOD-FREE boat's hull and Deck is bonded with glass and Plexus adhesive. My 1999 ZX was also wood free. I am not sure how many other builders besides the previously mentioned A/T are taking this Wood-Free approach.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Well I for one learn allot hear daily, from the best XXX sites to if I snif my hull using a bag I can get a buzz....
Bryan
Old 01-08-2002, 09:02 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

Troutly, Thanks for the info. I like the formula boats. We have a few in our club.

Quick Reply: What gives with Donzi anyway?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.