Detroit boat show - pontoon city

Notices

Detroit boat show - pontoon city

Old 02-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Detroit boat show - pontoon city

Went to the Detroit show today and it was 50% pontoon boats and ski boats. I could only find 3 "performance boats" 2 bajas and a formula. Not a single cat, no Fountains, no OL, nothing. Not even a Sunsation and Detroit is their back yard! Makes me want to move even more. Just pathic.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's hard to believe Sunsation wouldn't put at least 1 boat in the show. Heck there only an hour away from Cobo.

Do they still have the bike show down stairs?? It's been a couple years since I've been to the show.

Last edited by C M R; 02-20-2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Added
Old 02-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Agreed Dean, typically a waste of time unless you're in the market for a cruiser. I just like it as its an excuse to grab pizza from pizza papolis!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I went too. Waste of time as usual. All the nice boats are in Miami. They need to change the dates on the show, maybe they would attract some of the stuff people actually want to see.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Was down there on Sunday. Seriously disappointed....as was stated above...1 Formula and 2 Baja's. Even the vendor's were for crap...1 booth selling lines...0 booths moving PFD's. Did find an audio guy to do an install for me this spring but other than that, if I'd actually paid to get in I'd have been ticked!

Already knew Sunsation wasn't gonna be there. Seems the go-fast market in Michigan has gone the way of just about everything else here lately!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

My buddy bought a 26 foot tri toon with a pair of 300's on it. . . . i just hope my Scarab can keep up
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last time I saw your Scarab my inflatiable with the 6 hp was faster.

Does it have power in it yet?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

There were two cat deck boats from magic......other than that one formula........BEER WAS ON ICE........

Anybody look at the regulator center consoles, those are the nicest boats i have seen in a while...There fit and finish was amazing , every screw head on the boat was turned in a row....A big heavy boat but man i bet they ride nice...

Last edited by nocigarette; 02-21-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

I feel your pain. I live in Syracuse N.Y. and our show was last week, we have the same problem. Syr is the biggest show in N.Y. state 3 very large buildings and used to draw dealers from all over the state and had almost every brand represnted now the only one left is Baja. Saterdays used to be so packed you had a hard time parking now you could have bowling teams in the ilse's for the 3 days its on. sad, so very sad
Old 02-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
I feel your pain. I live in Syracuse N.Y. and our show was last week, we have the same problem. Syr is the biggest show in N.Y. state 3 very large buildings and used to draw dealers from all over the state and had almost every brand represnted now the only one left is Baja. Saterdays used to be so packed you had a hard time parking now you could have bowling teams in the ilse's for the 3 days its on. sad, so very sad
Should have went to the Westchester Show you could have seen Active Thunder, Sunsation and Fountain ...... not huge but more the Syracuse or Detroit.

Quick Reply: Detroit boat show - pontoon city

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.