Notices

600sci experience?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 600SCI in my DCB 28Extreme and love it. Boat runs 80 with 4 people in it....Plus you can't beat that whining coming from under the engine hatch...
Old 05-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Sounds like a very sweet ride, we need some pics!
on your original water pressure problems, was the motor new? If yes, did merc do anything for you, or did you go straight to Dustin for your upgrade and fix? I believe that Dustin's upgrade kits ALL help with rerouting water to the intercooler, correct?
Thanks,
Deab
Rerouting does not increase water psi, but in the pre-2009 models, blocking off the bypass line they have at the end of the log helps. The main issue is that when you trim the drives, the pickup doesn't have the right angle and limits the water flow, this is common at the higher rpm, WOT as most are trying to get the speed out of the boat. There's many fixes such as opening the hole on the drive towards the front, taking the IC feed away and running seperate lines......
Old 05-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Is there a Whipple application for a 05 575sci. I am running an Imco SCX upper with SC lower and external water pickup.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

On mine we just drilled the openings a little bigger, never had a problem. That and we cut about an inch off those awefully too long skegs of the sportmasters.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Registered

We love our 600's... The mid range torque is awesome.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Sounds like a very sweet ride, we need some pics!
on your original water pressure problems, was the motor new? If yes, did merc do anything for you, or did you go straight to Dustin for your upgrade and fix? I believe that Dustin's upgrade kits ALL help with rerouting water to the intercooler, correct?
Thanks,
Deab
I bought the boat used with 32 hours on it. It was still under warranty. I did not find Mercury to be very helpful. the tell me the problem is that there were mufflers added to the boat. I tried running without them and had the same problems. There were a few 600's out there with the same problems. My mechanic and Dustin found the problem and solved it. They drilled out some holes on the nosecone, opened up some of the vertical holes and plugged the top three. I alos rerouted the water lines as per Dustin using a separate pickup. The outdrive only feeds the motor. Part of his kit includes some larger fittings to allow more water to flow. The problem was intermittent so it was difficult to track. The boat now runs great.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by relaxalot
I bought the boat used with 32 hours on it. It was still under warranty. I did not find Mercury to be very helpful. the tell me the problem is that there were mufflers added to the boat. I tried running without them and had the same problems. There were a few 600's out there with the same problems. My mechanic and Dustin found the problem and solved it. They drilled out some holes on the nosecone, opened up some of the vertical holes and plugged the top three. I alos rerouted the water lines as per Dustin using a separate pickup. The outdrive only feeds the motor. Part of his kit includes some larger fittings to allow more water to flow. The problem was intermittent so it was difficult to track. The boat now runs great.
The boat I'm looking at has switchable mufflers also?! It also doesn't have sportmasters, just regular HP Bravo1 with the LWP. And i just have to ask, has anyone had issues with your CMI Headers?!
Thanks,
Dean
Old 05-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Registered

I have had my 600sci for about a year and a half now and I love this thing. I have had know problems at all, water pressure is 20 psi at 40 mph and 35 to 40 psi at wide open. I put the Whipple stage 2 on when it had 13 hours and it has 48 on it now, it was the best money I have ever spent for speed, it would run right on 80 stock and 88 after the upgrade then I installed the Whipple spark arester and gained 2 more mph. I have seen 92 in cooler weather. Drive oil has looked good on every change and headers have been fine so far.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

This thread is an old topic, but I figured I'd add some experience with them in a 37AT:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...din-dirty.html

We are installing another set of 600SCis in a brand new 37AT as we speak.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
On mine we just drilled the openings a little bigger, never had a problem. That and we cut about an inch off those awefully too long skegs of the sportmasters.
Skegs shortened and the width (looking from the sides) cut back considerably with the leading edges sharpened.

Quick Reply: 600sci experience?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.