Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
NH Speed Limit debate rears its ugly head - again... >

NH Speed Limit debate rears its ugly head - again...

Notices

NH Speed Limit debate rears its ugly head - again...

Old 02-10-2007, 04:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue by You
SOMEBODY BETTER START EMAILING THE FACTS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!

We're fighting the same asswipes in VA. These bastards are the some guys who faught for our freedom and now they think they control it. Maybe you can strike a deal with them...suggest supporting a noise bill and have muffs installed if they agree to kill the speed idea for ever? It will cost you to install muffs but at least you keep boating free.

If that doesn't work, play hard ball. Give them something to really biotch about!

BTW: Any legislative that passes a speed bill when FACTS & DATA shows that speed is NOT a contributing factor...are on their own agenda. If the opposition is lobbing these reps, they are either providing financial support OR voting support. Find who is the rep supporting the bill and then find that persons competitor and get them on your side.

THE FACTS SHOW THAT SPEED IS NOT A CONTRIBUTING FACTOR IN ACCIDENTS &/OR DEATHS. MAKE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS THAT!!! It's your best defense.
they all ready have a muffler law ,I think its 89. THATS WHY I DO'NT GO THERE. Well if it goes through there will be a group buy on 19p props so you can still crank it up to 5000rpms and be a little loud IT sucks.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

NH.... Live free as long as you pay your high taxes, drive slow, and let others influence your lives with laws that make zero sence!!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do not let this happen !! We have these same laws on LG and is nothing but a headache. There is NO reason why you should be lmited to 45mph. They wont stop with the speed limits either. Once they have that, they will legislate even more laws that will effect boaters
Old 02-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

I have spent a ton of time on Lake Winni boating over the last 20 years and people that own fast boats are not the problem. I actually think they are the more courteous boaters on the lake. I see way more problems with people in small runabouts that do not know where they are going and do not know simple things like who has the right of way. I personally have helped a lot of people tie there boat up or get them into the dock safely only to have them shun me when they see what I am driving. I am not saying they are all bad but I have run into a lot of instances like this and it irritates me.

Last year I was sitting in my boat with the motors off just drifting approx 500 yards off shore and a kayaker came up to my boat and started to yell at me for no reason saying that I was not watching where I was going. Never mind the fact that I was sitting there for 5 minutes motors off, believe me when that boat is on I am very vigilent when behind the wheel. These people are nuts!!! They discriminate against performance boaters without reason. It's that simple!

DK
Old 02-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's the liberal Northeast, what do you expect...God help us.
Makes me want to cut down a tree for no reason.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mopower
Playing the "children" card again BULLCHIT ..It's the old farts that are against it.
I get so tired of this lame excuse. Last several yrs IN has been trying to go to daylight saving time, but all those against it say same thing: Not safe for the kids waiting for the buses in the dark, because it would push time up 1 hr. I don't hear these same people demanding seatbelts on the buses. I don't hear these same people complaining the times when it is dark in the morning on central time that the kids do have to wait.

Bottom line is people are lazy and want to sleep that hr in the morning and not have to spend a couple minutes a yr changing their clocks. Has nothing to do with the kids!
Luckly it passed last yr and I love it! More boating time.

Maybe there should be a get together and everyone travel, say 20mph all around the lake.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron
I have spent a ton of time on Lake Winni boating over the last 20 years and people that own fast boats are not the problem. I actually think they are the more courteous boaters on the lake. I see way more problems with people in small runabouts that do not know where they are going and do not know simple things like who has the right of way.
I was speaking to a San Bernardino Sheriff recently who patrols Lake Havasu. He said that the problems they have are with PWC, and small boats, not the $100K+ performance boats. He said people who have expensive performance boats tend to take care of them, and be more responsible. He said he couldn't remember ever having to pull an expensive performance boat over.

You're not going to get rational thinking out of liberals. They are the same people who think members of a 30 person mob should get probation for beating, and kicking three defenseless women into a pulp resulting in broken bones, damaged eye, etc. (Long Beach, CA).

My suggestion would be to talk to the sheriff, and let them tell you where the real problems are, not ones fabricated by the liberals. Then take that information to the legislature and public hearings.

Michael
Old 02-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Tazz
Makes me want to cut down a tree for no reason.
Too funny!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
Do not let this happen !! We have these same laws on LG and is nothing but a headache. There is NO reason why you should be lmited to 45mph. They wont stop with the speed limits either. Once they have that, they will legislate even more laws that will effect boaters
Otis,
Why is it a headache? I was told that unless you are blatantly breaking the law,( 80 mph 50 feet from shore) it was not an issue.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
My suggestion would be to talk to the sheriff, and let them tell you where the real problems are, not ones fabricated by the liberals. Then take that information to the legislature and public hearings.

Michael
The MP has spoken out against the law and it falls on death ears......

Quick Reply: NH Speed Limit debate rears its ugly head - again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.