Wich autopilot for Arneson???

Notices

Wich autopilot for Arneson???

Old 11-23-2006, 05:09 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wich autopilot for Arneson???

I know most go fasts don't use autopilots. But I'm putting one on my 42 Harley. It's not hat fast anyway. Just wondering what is out there. what is different about Arneson compared to others? I notice that most autopilots offer a pump for hydraulically steered boats. But I think most are meant for low pressure systems. Arnesons use a power steering pump and are full hydraulic.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-10-2007, 08:36 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

ttt
Old 02-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,
I saw a few systems up at the Seattle boat show. While I wasn't checking out autopilot systems, the guys in the booths really seemed to know their stuff and should be able to help. I think that the name of the one outfit was Marine Systems on Lake Union. Should be easy enough to Google what you're looking for. BTW, do you ever come down to Portland? I can't say that Ive ever seen seen your boat down here, but I seem to recall a Harley up in Seattle years ago. Best of luck - Jeff
Old 02-11-2007, 02:51 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jhiguy377
Steve,
I saw a few systems up at the Seattle boat show. While I wasn't checking out autopilot systems, the guys in the booths really seemed to know their stuff and should be able to help. I think that the name of the one outfit was Marine Systems on Lake Union. Should be easy enough to Google what you're looking for. BTW, do you ever come down to Portland? I can't say that Ive ever seen seen your boat down here, but I seem to recall a Harley up in Seattle years ago. Best of luck - Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I'll give them a call.

I don't get up to the Protland area alot with the boat. I mostly head towards the coast. I do pass thru every year on my way to Tri Cities. I boat there and back each year for the Unlimited Hydro Races. You should give it try. what kind of boat do you have?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,
I have a 38' Scarab; use it a lot in Portland. I'm the guy going 10-20 mph putting down the river.
Jeff
Old 02-12-2007, 12:23 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jhiguy377
Steve,
I have a 38' Scarab; use it a lot in Portland. I'm the guy going 10-20 mph putting down the river.
Jeff

You should consider boating to Tri Cities this summer. It's the last weekend of July. We make a four or five day trip out of it. Depending on the weather. The winds in the gorge can be insane. Or head down stream to my place. I have a boat house and dock at Fisher Island slough. always a cold one in the fridge.

Steve