NEED HELP!-Port Republic, NJ, 1997 Profile >

NEED HELP!-Port Republic, NJ, 1997 Profile

Notices

Old 02-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope somebody out there has some insight that might be able to help me ASAP. I put a low offer on a 1997 Profile 37 with 500's and a new trailer and it was accepted subject to me hearing the engines run on a hose in the marina's shop when I get out there (16 hour drive one way). The broker New Jersey Yacht Sales wanted $3,000 down in certified funds to submit the offer which I refused. I didn't want to give him any money but agreed to $500 with the balance in a certified check when I get out there and hear the engines. Now he is sending me emails demanding another $1,000 not negotiable, which I am refusing. I have already arranged with the service manager at his facility to do the test at my cost which the service manager is agreeable to do. The broker says if I don't want the boat its winterized and and shrink wrapped and they would need to do this again. I said if it's what you say it is I am taking the boat. However, I have never been able to get money up front from anybody buying one of my boats. This boat needs work and I'm aware of it. Has anybody dealt with guy before or know of this boat or has some type of certification that I could pay them to go to the marina and hear the engines run, drives engage forward and reverse and make sure the boat hasn't been sawed into two and glued back together. I appreciate any help in advance. tom swift, dubuque, iowa [email protected], 5635903233
Old 02-15-2007, 06:48 AM

Tom, I don't have a any certifications but would be glad to run over there for you this weekend to help you out...

Otto
Old 02-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Registered

Where exactly is the boat? I might be able to get someone with mechanical experience check it out for you.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

my buddy looked at it......it was rough.......
Old 02-15-2007, 07:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

just me, but if a broker, ANY broker was telling me to send more money I would tell him to piss off and keep the boat.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Registered

Is that the one the strakes are crooked? Was sitting in NJ in a gravel yard?

There was a pic posted couple months ago, not sure if same boat.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

My sister lives in Port, I can ask her to drive by?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

Wait a few weeks , that boat isn't going anywhere soon. I had a couple friends broker boats there in the past , not sure if it is still the same owners as the name has changed. They did pull the same on me with the deposit money as I was looking at a big chris craft there quite a few years ago. Just too many tire kickers out there to unwrap it and run it every time one comes in. If you want it , give them the deposit pending sea trial and survey , that should cover you if it turns out to be trash! Soon enough this ice will melt and you'll be able to move forward. I did the same with my current boat , gave them the deposit in the end feb and didn't get the boat home til the first week of may!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Get a survey done!!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Get a survey done!!!!
Please get a survey!!! If this is the all white one that was posted a couple months back I think it was found out to have been wrecked, there was a long post on it But I can't remember what the title was sorry. If I remember the starboard side was real wavey and the bottom also and there were pics of it with alittle paint then with none. Check it out real good

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!-Port Republic, NJ, 1997 Profile

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.