UNBELIEVABLE! Cancelled flight! >

UNBELIEVABLE! Cancelled flight!

Notices

UNBELIEVABLE! Cancelled flight!

Old 02-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chriswithaboat

Take a look at NTSB reports and see where "get there itis" can get you.....
Just got my issue of Aviation Monthly safety summary and report. Alot of the accidents are just that!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been on a few of those flights!!! Two trips ago on my return from Orlando I think we landed 3 times!!!! I was freeking out. One of those landings that if you were not strapped in you were going to hit the roof!!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zudnic
Just got my issue of Aviation Monthly safety summary and report. Alot of the accidents are just that!!!
A lot of people don't realize that flying is a privilege not a right.... If weather or the government intervenes there is not a lot us pilots can do.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We just got in! Our flight got canceled last night and got stuck in Vegas... could have been worse. US Air gave us a hotel and got us in as early as they could today.

Just had dinner and later drinks with B Teague and crew. Finanly met met Destin from Donzi. Sweet time so far.

Hope the rest of you guys make it in. Good luck.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:31 PM
DJD
Registered

I hear you guys (& gals). I am NOT one of those complaining cry babies who yell at the airline folks. If they don't think it's safe to fly, I'm with them! Anyway, I'm off tomorrow for a cool $900+ bucks. I don't care what it costs as long as I make it!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chriswithaboat
A lot of people don't realize that flying is a privilege not a right.... If weather or the government intervenes there is not a lot us pilots can do.
I've seen what happens when people ignore weather. Not commercial, grew up around general aviation aircraft.

From Aviation Monthly
about one half of the reported cases from the NTSB per year invovle non instrument rated pilots flying into instrument weather conditions
Old 02-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DJD
I hear you guys (& gals). I am NOT one of those complaining cry babies who yell at the airline folks. If they don't think it's safe to fly, I'm with them! Anyway, I'm off tomorrow for a cool $900+ bucks. I don't care what it costs as long as I make it!!!!!!!!

Throw in a $200 tip and I 'll drive you ....................
Old 02-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our Thursday 7:00 out of Philly was also a know go, re-booked & now stay from Sat until Tue.

Man what a mess, this is not the first time we had this happen!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

I used to have a job that required flights every week to some God forsaken place or another constantly. Leave on Sunday to make the Monday morning meeting, then travel to the next meeting, on and on, sometimes making the meetings sometimes not. Most times never making it back home Friday night, having to wait until Saturday to finally get home, then back on the plane Sunday evening. 10 years of this shat, and for what, didn't do my career any good at all. This all before 9/11 when the airlines had empty seats a lot of the time (except special events or holidays) was priemer frequent flyer with three airlines at the same time and still could not get from A to B guaranteed when I wanted to. Gave it all up, now, instead of the "factory guy", I am on the "distributor side" and traded flying for driving (about 30,000 miles year) but just in the state of Florida. After 9/11, and the fact that most airlines dumped their schedules to keep airplanes full, if there is just a little bump in plane availability, the whole system crashes, I feel for you. I really hate driving so much but it is the lesser of the evils of having to work for someone else.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:18 AM
DJD
Registered

I just had a call from a guy I built a house for. He flys private all the time & he is looking into getting a plane for me. It's not going to br free but if we get a few guys together, it could be reasonable

Quick Reply: UNBELIEVABLE! Cancelled flight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.