Notices

New boater

Old 02-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New boater

Experienced boaters, I am picking up a 87 Regal Velocity in April in the new england area, and will be importing it to Canada. I am a virgin power boater (never owned before) and would like to know if anyone is familiar with that style of boat. I am curious to know if there is any handling issues (I heard they flip easy), and if someone could provide any insight on if their is a best way to learn how to handle the boat on the water (i.e at what speed I should not considering turning at) without going for an unwanted swim. Any insight or direction will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Registered

Congrats and welcome!!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

I would recommend that you place a post in the Velocity section. You should be able to get some good input from there.
Good Luck!
Old 02-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 273 Likes on 163 Posts

Be very safe.... Start out slow and learn how to work the trim. Listen and feel the boat, if it doesn't feel/sound right it adjust it accordingly.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Registered

Get out in open water and drop the hammer keep her sraight,trim her up till you feal her get up on the pad she should stay rock solid and fast on that pad. When you turn just trim her in all the way pull back on the stick a touch and turn her left or right and she should dig in as if she was on rails. Straighten up drop the hammer again trim her out and repeat.

Remember Velocitys are a drivers boat the more seat time you have the easyer she will be to drive.

Good luck and if you need anything drop a line on the Velocity Thread and let use know. Or give me a pm.

Brian TF Surguy
Old 02-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 98 Likes on 47 Posts

rooster,
Congrats on the boat and welcome to OSO. Where are you going to do your boating?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome, rooster
take it easy and have fun - jeff
Old 02-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Registered

Yeaaahhhhh here come the Rooster ... yeahh yeahh

~~Alice in Chains~~

Welcome to the Show!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sutphil
rooster,
Congrats on the boat and welcome to OSO. Where are you going to do your boating?

I'll be dropping her in the water in the Toronto area. Although most of my wakeboarding/boating experience has been in Burlington where I suspect I will be spending some time this summer. I noticed you are in Oakville, what are you riding on?

. . . did you ever cruise to Sharkies, I heard they torn it down and made a condo out of it, damn shame, that was a great boaters restaurant/bar.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Registered

Thanks all for the advice! I look forward to spending more time on this forum. I will try to get a decent picture up sometime soon. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: New boater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.