Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
We will be down again at the Builders expo the weekend of March 23rd
At the lodge again?
Old 02-21-2007, 01:57 AM
kwb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd make you a good deal on my mint 42' Cigarette Tiger with Merc 900SC and #6 drives, or possibly trade.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
Go with the Cigarette, either boat will depreciate greatly the first year, Cig just a better built boat and will handle Loto's water better, make sure the nxt is fixed now or go with the 6 lower.
What fix? I haven't heard of any problems with the NXT's.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't beat up on a Donzi I saw better resale on a 2005 38 ZR then on a Cigarette. maybe because the market is not flooded with them yet. And guys yes Cigarette is the tops when it comes to fit and finish I will agree, Cigarette is still one of my loves but I did sell Cigarettes and Donzi the 38ZR is one of the best running, performing and best lauching boats I have ever been in. The 43 ZR can not be compaired with the 39 Cigarette, two different boats all together. the 43ZR is a wave crusher our 43 runs out with number 6 drives and teague 900s at 105 mph and solid as a rock, the 39 TG is a great boat boat but can't run the big water like a 43ZR with number 6 drives. Either boat is a great choice but don't look at resale the ZRs are holding value pretty well: Omerta One if you would like a great deal on a 43 contact me I will give you a great return on that ZR.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by LostCowboy
If that is your plan, go with a Cig from Phil. It's alot of fun building a boat with Phil, Neill and Skip. Keep the boat at Spinnaker/TNT (Phil's) place in the winter where you just call and let them know you're on your way, the boats in the water and you just drop it off at Phil's dock when you leave. Your boat will always be like brand new! Best boating I've ever done. 39TG with 700's/NXT (no problem with the drives) is big, no hassle, fun.

Do you pay a little more... probubly. But when you decide to let it go, there is no better used boat to sell than a "Lip-Ship" Cig.
Couldn't agree more with this whole post.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one
What fix? I haven't heard of any problems with the NXT's.
Yes, there has been problems with them. I think Merc has/is working them out though.

Basically they are ill handling on "Some boats", some boats they handle fine. Some people are putting #6 lowers on them to deal with the problem.

Last edited by thisistank; 02-21-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The NXT drives work great on Donzi's and Cigarette's.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

may i suggest a 38ZR with a pair of ILMOR 710's in your choice of color. Just recently saw a 38ZR with 625s and thought the whole boat was very nice in and out
Old 02-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Yes, there has been problems with them. I think Merc has/is working them out though.

Basically they are ill handling on "Some boats", some boats they handle fine. Some people are putting #6 lowers on them to deal with the problem.
My understanding is that the handling problem is not the drive, rather the implementation from certain manufacturers. There were some early problems with the beta versions that Formula helped Merc work out, but those problems have been fixed for some time.

Do you have data on following problems that are actually drive related versus implementation related? The manufacturers that I have talked to that followed the Merc engineers recommendation for implementation have said they have been having good luck?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
My understanding is that the handling problem is not the drive, rather the implementation from certain manufacturers. There were some early problems with the beta versions that Formula helped Merc work out, but those problems have been fixed for some time.

Do you have data on following problems that are actually drive related versus implementation related? The manufacturers that I have talked to that followed the Merc engineers recommendation for implementation have said they have been having good luck?
From what I've heard, from sources with direct access, some boats handle funky with them some dont. I would assume it is x dimension related since when the drive is hooked up to a #6 lower the problem is solved.

Quick Reply: Cig vs. Donzi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.