Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Color of a New Outboard (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/152072-color-new-outboard.html)

Maritime_Eng 02-23-2007 08:42 AM

Color of a New Outboard

So hypothetically if you had the chance to pick out the color of a new outboard from a new OEM manufacture what color would you choose?

I know the big manufactures use the ones below:
Merc - Black but interpid has painted a few new ones white
Yamaha-Silver four strokes and Black two strokes
Honda - Silver
Evenrude- White
Suzuki- Dark Metalic Grey

Is there any other color that you think would look good on a boat as a standard color?

Thanks
Don

Spicy 02-23-2007 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by dgduck13 (Post 2036041)
So hypothetically if you had the chance to pick out the color of a new outboard from a OEM manufacture what color would you choose?

Merc - Black but interpid has painted a few new ones white
Yamaha-Silver four strokes and Black two strokes
Honda - Silver
Evenrude- White
Suzuki- Dark Metalic Grey

My good buddy that happens to live were you do in Cape Coral has an Intrepid and the factory painted his 4 stroke Suzuki's the same color as his boat.... Persimmon (orange)and white to match the lines of the boat....

Maritime_Eng 02-23-2007 08:52 AM

I have seen that boat. It looks really good. I know you can have them custom painted, but what I am looking for is what does everyone think is the best color for a new OEM outboard, single color.

Thanks

Maritime_Eng 02-23-2007 09:10 AM

If you vote "other colors" please let me know what color you would pick.

thanks

88Fount33 02-23-2007 09:20 AM

Sea Foam Green if single. Light blue and red (one each) if twin, if triple add a yellow one. Just for those into the "rainbow".

Otherwise.....White

TexomaPowerboater 02-23-2007 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Spicy (Post 2036051)
My good buddy that happens to live were you do in Cape Coral has an Intrepid and the factory painted his 4 stroke Suzuki's the same color as his boat.... Persimmon (orange)and white to match the lines of the boat....

Best Color you could have - matching

But If I had to pick from your choices I would say Merc - Black. Not for the color though- for the brand. I would never pick a product just because the packaging/paint lookes good.

Shore Thing 02-23-2007 10:25 AM

[QUOTE=I would never pick a product just because the packaging/paint lookes good.[/QUOTE]

I bet you're no fun in a strip club :D

Maritime_Eng 02-23-2007 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 2036165)
Best Color you could have - matching

But If I had to pick from your choices I would say Merc - Black. Not for the color though- for the brand. I would never pick a product just because the packaging/paint lookes good.

I am not talking about brand. I am saying if a new company came up with a new outboard what color would you like to see?

Maritime_Eng 02-23-2007 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by 88Fount33 (Post 2036099)
Sea Foam Green if single. Light blue and red (one each) if twin, if triple add a yellow one. Just for those into the "rainbow".

Otherwise.....White

:D Very funny.

TexomaPowerboater 02-23-2007 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by dgduck13 (Post 2036195)
I am not talking about brand. I am saying if a new company came up with a new outboard what color would you like to see?

White for Consoles- to match every other boat that has been made.

Black for bassboats.