Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need to vent............... >

Need to vent...............

Notices

Need to vent...............

Old 02-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What really gets me,is how much can they get from the stolen equip? You would think that their efforts would be better channeled elsewhere for the risk involved!
Old 02-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the same thing happen to me in a 38 Cig. I bought a new Freightliner and came to work the next day and it was gone! I could go on and on....s u x bro!

Last edited by THEJOKER; 02-25-2007 at 07:05 PM. Reason: SP
Old 02-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That Sucks Tom Hope You Find Him And Cut His Balls Off
Old 02-25-2007, 08:30 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I had the stereo in my Baja ripped off...Not once, but twice!

I think they should cut thieves hands off.

Tank
Funny you should say that. Back in the 80's, there was a guy in the neighborhood that we knew that was a real theif. One night at a local nightclub, he was there by our table, talking to my girlfriend. I knew she wanted to get away from him, so I asked her to dance. When we came back to the table, Johnny was gone, and so was my girlfriends purse !!! I knew the bouncers at the door, and I went there to ask them if anyone turned in a lost purse. They told me that there were 2 guys running out the door, and they looked like they had a beer under their coat, so they grabbed them and out fell a purse. It was my girlfriends purse. They got away.
Next day I went by his house, and he tried to tell me that his buddy grabbed the purse and he was only trying to run after him to stop him. Yeah right !!! I proceeded to explain to him that if he EVER steals anything again from ME or anyone else that I know, I will personally see to it that he will regret it for the rest of his life.
Few months later, he breaks into our race car garage, and steals tools, aluminum cylinder heads, intakes and carbs, cranks, cams, etc. and the dummy tries selling everything to a buddy of mine that he did'nt know I knew. My buddy was a police sgt too.
I had the sgt. get back all my parts, and did'nt press charges against the theif. Few weeks later, I went to his job site that he was a carpenter at, and paid him a visit with a couple of my "gorilla" friends. I knew he would run out the back door of the house when he seen me so I had my buddy wait there for him. Well, I was only gonna put a little scare into him with the power skill saw, while they had his hand pressed down on the table, and after all the crying, screaming, and hollering he was doing for me to not cut his hand off, I thought..... WTF !!! I cut off his fingers !!! I'll tell ya what, you aint ready for all the blood that flies off a saw after it goes through 4 fingers!!!
Now the guys a cripple, and he still did'nt learn. 6 month later he breaks into a house in the nieghborhood, and gets shot to death.

Moral of the story...... Some people don't learn until they pay the untimate price. I think that should be standard operating procedure for all theives, especially "boat" thieves.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Zudnic
Sucks.....However I dont think a crackhead would be carefull, they are like Tornados when they rob places. Ever seen how scumbags leave cars for instance? Scumbags just rip them out with crowbars or a screw driver. People that dont want you looking close to home however are careful. Hey, I'm a trusting individual........ Another way an outside thief would'nt care if you discovered the theft today. Sounds like trying to put on the cover conceil the theft was "Tom wont be using the boat for a few months so he wont notice until then that I stole from him"

Good point , but i know of a few functioning crackheads that are mechanically inclined and who know my boat and I could see them stealing the stuff without damaging the boat.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Titan
Sorry to hear about your dilema Tom. It is pretty sad when people have to resort to stealing to live. You might want to install a video camera on the premises in the future. Was anything else taken at the same time or just your boat?
It appears that nothing else was touched in the area.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
I had the stereo in my Baja ripped off...Not once, but twice!

I think they should cut thieves hands off.

On a possitive note, if you need help getting your stuff replaced my buddy is an authorized dealer for Eclipse, Fosgate, Clarion, Kenwood, Alpine, etc. etc. He's out here in Cali but can ship to you. He just did the system on our Top Gun and it came out UNREAL! Whole Eclipse system with three LCD screens. Let me know if you need anything.

Tank
Thanks for the info, will let you know if I need anything.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Marchello?

Jeff, I forgot about him. He is now on my short list....
Old 02-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TomFTM
Jeff, I forgot about him. He is now on my short list....
I hear some chit about him
Old 02-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the loss....it is a shame we work so damn hard to have nice things and the same people we support with our tax dollars rip us off.

On the brighter side of things, use this as an opportunity to upgrade. My buddy just put in a system using (4) JL Audio M770 component speakers powered by the M6450 amp and (2) 10" subs powered by the M1400 amp. Sounded awesome...mount your tweeters high.

Quick Reply: Need to vent...............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.