Notices

Raylar Kit Products

Old 02-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raylar Kit Products

Does anyone have anything to say about this company and it's products? Obviously, they advertise on this site but has anyone bought and used the bolt on kits? How are they?

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Registered

I have a pair of their 600's in my boat, but a bit more involved than just the bolt-on kit. Great experience so far.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Registered

I don't sell Raylar products, but I have watched a BCK103 kit be installed and dyno'd. It's the real deal. The parts that they use are very nice quality. I know a couple of guys really well who do Raylar installs regularly and they swear by them.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have installed Raylar kits in customer boats. They produce exactly the HP as advertised. Straight foreward and dependable so far.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

I had a long chat with Ray at the Miami Boat Show on a friend's behalf who is interested in purchasing Ray's products.

Ray is a great guy, and knows his stuff. He has a lot of time and $$ invested in the development of his products. Not only that, but he invested his time and money in a booth at the Miami Boat Show, so he has significant "skin-in-the-game". He has new builders install his enhancements on brand new engine packages, and even goes so far to offer a warranty on the package.

I have a pair of 496HOs in my boat, and opted to invest in extended warranty rather than Raylar upgrades. However, I would have no qualms about doing business with him.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey jason -I found you on OSO...I hear those Raylar kits are pricey...You sure you can swing that past the general
See you on the water sat.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

I too, talked to Ray in Miami. Brian hit it on the head. He has some very neat stuff to offer. I talked in depth with him about the all aluminum small block that they have developed. There is some serious horsepower and torque numbers with this engine. Weighing in at 543lb., complete. He says it should be on the market sometime after April. They will be testing it during April. He couldn't devulge what hull it will tested in, but it would be in the 28-30 range. He has the specs on his web site, RAYLAR.COM . My concern is warranty all the way across the country.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Hey jason -I found you on OSO...I hear those Raylar kits are pricey...You sure you can swing that past the general
See you on the water sat.

Yup! this weekend for sure. looks like most people on here are either snowed in or ???? Luvin' me some san diego!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gizmo
I too, talked to Ray in Miami. Brian hit it on the head. He has some very neat stuff to offer. I talked in depth with him about the all aluminum small block that they have developed. There is some serious horsepower and torque numbers with this engine. Weighing in at 543lb., complete. He says it should be on the market sometime after April. They will be testing it during April. He couldn't devulge what hull it will tested in, but it would be in the 28-30 range. He has the specs on his web site, RAYLAR.COM . My concern is warranty all the way across the country.
Can't honestly say i've stepped to the plate yet so i'm not speaking from experience but i have talked with Ray several times recently. Regarding your stated concern for warranty across the country, i'd suggest keeping an open communication with him and go back on these forums as far as you can go. There really doesn't seem to be any smoke and mirrors. If i'm lucky enough to get a hold of a kit sometime soon (which i intend on), i will come back and provide you guys with my 2cents for what it's worth. Thanks to everyone who responded. I really appreciate the feedback and learned some things too. See ya on the water!!!!