Notices

New boat advice

Old 02-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Screamin' Nuts
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.....so you would recommend that he live on it in Vermont in the winter also? Guess I am just getting too old. Enjoy the boat no matter what you decide.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Registered

Boat has a/c, heat and a generator.I am not sure of the electricity charges associated with the slip, but will look into it. I am going to have a Covered slip, which helps alittle on a/c, but he boat will stay in texas. That was a great insite though, I did not think to ask about electricty charges. But I really think the a/c uses less power than your standard apartment.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Registered

As far as the storms,, Im not real worried, I spent quite a few years and summers on my dad's 43 hatteras sportfish , and it got hairy a few times, and even though we didnt live on the boat, we always spent those last hrs before the storm hit securing the boat, so Im used to it. Tie it up good and read that insurance form front to back. I will still have residence out side of the city, its just to far to drive in and out of the crazy traffic. I would rather wake up to the sound of seagulls and deep revving diesel engines on their way out to fish, than construction, car horns and that crazyy cat lady that always seems to end up living in the apt. next door no matter where I move. Umbrella drinks for me
Old 02-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't hesitate.
After I left my ex-wife, I lived in the upstairs of the duplex we owned until summer rolled around, basically had one room with a TV, Computer and a sofa. Only slept there and got a little Comp. work done - and the 3 S's.
Once the boat was in the water (mind you, a 25' Baja) I lived on the boat. Met a gal that lived three blocks from the marina, and many times she'd just stay on the boat with me. Just stopped at her place for a shower in the morning. Been with her for 7 years now, and got married 3-1/2 years ago.
We looked into buying a houseboat to live-aboard in FL a few years ago as a main residence, and that can get tricky.
I say go for it, matter of fact, I wouldn't even be asking this question here, I would have already put down the deposit.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I've lived on various boats at various times in my life. Most decent marinas will have laundry and showers to use. Words just can't describe the smells, the sounds of the sea gulls and the lines slapping the aluminum sailboat masts. OH YEAH, and the fact that you can wake up to bikini clad babes at your front door! I would jump at the chance. The only down side is you need to consider maintenance on the boat. In salt water, you need to haul out and take care of the bottom every couple of years, and unless you are rich, plan on at least an occassional weekend working on upkeep.

But I would still jump at the chance....
Old 02-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what marina are you looking at? South shore harbor?IF you are take a look at the depth it gets pretty shallow. Oh yea i would do it without thinking. If you do buy the boat pm me my buddy is looking for a 36 sport fish in fact i went with him to look at some today before we hit the golf course.

Last edited by BY U BOY; 02-28-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I've got a live a board house boat , 40 ft. It's nice but all the drunks at the marina get's on my nerves. Winters do get a little cold and they shut off the water when temperatures fall below freezing. Go for it though , I had some of the best times of my life when I 1st got the boat!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
what marina are you looking at? South shore harbor?IF you are take a look at the depth it gets pretty shallow. Oh yea i would do it without thinking. If you do buy the boat pm me my buddy is looking for a 36 sport fish in fact i went with him to look at some today before we hit the golf course.
I was out at south shore looking around over the weekend, and its at the top of the list, watergate is another I had in mind. I want some where thats more friendly to those dock side BBQ's , we used to have quite a few down at the Galveston Yacht Basin, Galveston blows my commute excuse on the boat,, but I could end up there, (a lot easier to get off shore).
P.s. I know alot of history on quite a few sport fishing boats 35 and up, that are in the galveston and freeport area, and I know alot of the captians and crews in Galveston, so if needs any insider info,,on something he is looking at, dont hesitate.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Screamin' Nuts
VIP Member

Originally Posted by spk1
I was out at south shore looking around over the weekend, and its at the top of the list, watergate is another I had in mind. I want some where thats more friendly to those dock side BBQ's , we used to have quite a few down at the Galveston Yacht Basin, Galveston blows my commute excuse on the boat,, but I could end up there, (a lot easier to get off shore).
P.s. I know alot of history on quite a few sport fishing boats 35 and up, that are in the galveston and freeport area, and I know alot of the captians and crews in Galveston, so if needs any insider info,,on something he is looking at, dont hesitate.
If your going S. Shore send me a PM - I am just across the street. Will be at Phil's Oyster Bar tomorrow for happy hour.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:30 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

I would jump at the chance if I were in your situation.

Quick Reply: New boat advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.