WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Notices

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Old 09-11-2008, 08:51 PM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never been to war.....except.....
Back in these posts somewhere, I posted about me & my crew going down to ground zero the morning after the attacks to help in the rescue/recovery. We dug on the pile, crawled through holes, stood on the "bucket bergade" lines and helped pass along the stretchers which for the most part were only partially filled. I had to go home a few times over the next two weeks because my wife was due with our first baby any day. Our old OSO friend "Miller" joined me twice.
I believe the things I saw and did are equivelent to being in war. I never want to see war again.
May god hold those who lost their lives that day in the palm of his hand and may they rest in eternal peace.

Last edited by DJD; 09-11-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I will never forget Is going up there after when you first get on the N.J turnpike from the parkway you can see lower Manhattan.But this time the towers were gone and there was a hugh cloud of smoke.It looked like everyhing in lower Manhattan was on fire
RIP My brothers and sisters

Sgt. John Coughlin
PO. Stephen Driscoll
PO. Thomas Langone
Det. Claude Richards
Sgt. Michael Curtis
PO. Mark Ellis
PO. James Leahy
PO. Timothy Roy
PO. Santos Valentin
PO. John D'Allara
PO. Robert Fazio
PO. Brian McDonnell
PO. Moira Smith
Det. Joseph Vigiano
PO. Vincent Danz
PO. Rodney Gillis
PO. John Perry
PO. Ramon Suarez
PO. Walter Weaver
PO. Jerome Dominguez
PO. Ronald Kloepfer
PO.. Glen Pettit
PO. Paul Taity
Old 09-12-2008, 12:51 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I guess I don't have to worry about forgetting, except for the year. I kept thinking 911 was about three years ago. That's how clear and vivid my memories are. Then I thought it was maybe 5 years ago. I was surprised it was actually seven years ago.

Yep. We really need to press on, and continue our fight against the terrorists. Goodness knows, that they are trying to do the same against us. We can't let what other countries think of us deter our main mission.

Michael
Old 09-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bringing this back up to the top.

We must NEVER forget........
Old 09-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated

Agreed!!!

God Bless America.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated

I agree!

Never Forget!!
Attached Thumbnails WOW!  Jet plane crashes into World Trade center-9_11_01_wtc.jpg  
Old 09-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

God Bless America!
Old 09-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, they aren't f-ckin around with any bullchit today either.

Check this out:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. Coast Guard tried Friday to prevent a boat from entering a security zone on the Potomac River not far from the Pentagon, where President Obama was at an event commemorating the September 11 attacks.

There were reports on police scanners that the Coast Guard fired 10 rounds of ammunition, but those reports could not immediately be confirmed. It was not immediately clear from the reports whether they referred to warning shots.

The incident took place between the Memorial and 14th Street bridges, in a zone that had been blocked off because of the ceremonies.

Obama had departed the Pentagon shortly after 10 a.m. ET. Reports of the incident came in shortly after 10 a.m. ET.

The Coast Guard Command Center said it had no immediate information

Old 09-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Training exercise...

God Bless
Old 09-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still shaken and my mouth gets dry, when I think about the events of 9/11 and see pictures like those in the media recently.

My personal recollection of being there, that day:

It started out so promising, a beautiful, warm day, with bright blue skies. After a hour or so of work, someone came into the office and said a small plane had hit the tower. We went to the break room and clustered around the TV. Soon, one by one, we wandered outside and stood in the parking lot, watching in dis-belief at the first tower burning. We were working our cell phone address books, calling those we knew in the towers. Few got through. Then the news, is was a commercial airliner. Some time passed. Then, a sound -- distant -- nearer -- jet noise. Some said, 'look another plane'. I said 'no....it is leaving from LaGuardia...', then I realized -- it was another plane. A ball of fire. The radios we were listening to went to static. Everyone in the parking lot, personally knew some in the towers. Tough business professionals, who seldom let the masks fall, were teary eyed. The news continued to come. Rumors of other planes. The Pentagon. Rumors of the White House and the Capital. The crash in PA. The beginning of the rescue. In the days that followed, the rescue became recovery, and the recovery became mourning. The endless parade of funeral services for those we knew, and lost. Soon, all that was left to do, was remove the debris.

In the hours, days, weeks and months ahead, a nation, that was united. A war effort, whose cause was just, and whose motives were true.

Today, few remember. Even fewer want to fight the fight for our freedom, fight for our values, fight for our worldview.

We ask ourselves, ‘how could they do such a thing?’ and ‘don’t they have any respect for the value of life?’

Just consider a few recent example of ‘terror’

Oklahoma City Bombing
Peduka School Shootings
Columbine School Shootings
Sept 11 Terrorist Attacks
Wash DC. Maryland, Virginia Sniper
Abortion (over 48 million 1973-2006)
Euthanasia

These are only symptoms of a greater problem, our culture, our society, no longer recognizes the sacredness of human life.

Quick Reply: WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.