WOW!  Jet plane crashes into World Trade center >

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Notices

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Old 09-12-2014, 12:46 AM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all.. DJD here (David Dall) the one who started this thread.
Sitting in the same chair at my home office & can remember every moment as it unfolded.
I don't know if all of the old gang are still here but I ended up going with my construction crew the following day to help dig. Over the next few days, several others from OSO came down and met us to help on "the pile". Miller? You still around? Oh man, what a time in our lives.............
I was watching all of the documentaries tonight. One of the chilling ones is the "102 minutes that changed America". I felt as if it were happening all over again.
I'll never forget my time when we first walked in through a tunnel. A priest stopped us as we went in with several firemen and said "I don't know if you are prepared for what you are going to see". I sure wasn't.
Looking back, thinking about that first night is scary in itself. When I was there, it was all a blur & I didn't have time to really think about what was happening. All I can remember is thinking that there were people trapped below us & I needed to get them out.
We never did find anyone alive

You see the signs everywhere but I will guarantee you one thing, I'll never forget.

Best to all,
David Dall
Old 09-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

I was standing in my driveway working on a Donzi today and thinking, today was 9/11. I like the rest of you know exactly where I was and what I was doing (working in DC way to close to the Pentagon). Then something else dawned on me. Anyone that lived through it will always remember pre 9/11 and post 9/11 and how nothing would be the same again after that day. Being in my driveway within sight of the spot that Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner and this weekend being the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Ft McHenry, 200 years ago today was Baltimore's Sept 10th. Also 200 years ago tomorrow from that spot in my driveway I would have been watching British ships of the line going by after burning Washington on their way to war in my backyard. Then the Blue Angles flew over in formation low and slow right over my house and I moved on to other stuff.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:05 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Going through some of this past season's images that never made it online ..... Freedom Tower - Beyond the Walls

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-11-2015, 08:31 AM
DJD
Registered

I can't believe it's been 14 years. Reading through the pages brings that day back so clearly
Old 09-11-2015, 08:36 AM
Registered

This day will always be creepy for many of us. Like most, I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:39 AM
DJD
Registered

Originally Posted by DJD
Hey all.. DJD here (David Dall) the one who started this thread.
Sitting in the same chair at my home office & can remember every moment as it unfolded.
I don't know if all of the old gang are still here but I ended up going with my construction crew the following day to help dig. Over the next few days, several others from OSO came down and met us to help on "the pile". Miller? You still around? Oh man, what a time in our lives.............
I was watching all of the documentaries tonight. One of the chilling ones is the "102 minutes that changed America". I felt as if it were happening all over again.
I'll never forget my time when we first walked in through a tunnel. A priest stopped us as we went in with several firemen and said "I don't know if you are prepared for what you are going to see". I sure wasn't.
Looking back, thinking about that first night is scary in itself. When I was there, it was all a blur & I didn't have time to really think about what was happening. All I can remember is thinking that there were people trapped below us & I needed to get them out.
We never did find anyone alive

You see the signs everywhere but I will guarantee you one thing, I'll never forget.

Best to all,
David Dall
For those who weren't here back then
Old 09-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Registered

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana

http://tiny.cc/mvk72x
Old 09-11-2015, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So here we are............... Some would say that we are in worse shape now than we were 14 years ago as far as being safe from these kinds of attacks. With ISIS in the picture, its a good argument. Heres what I know from my life's experiences:

I've been around a lot of sh!tbags in my life, and I found that sometimes you have to get down in the grass with the rest of the snakes. Our country's military still today dwarfs anyone else in the world, especially with regards to technology and pure horsepower. We have an arsenal of bombs that literally can erase large (HUGE) area's. Lets think like our enemy. Women are considered baby machines. Period. They reproduce. The kids that are born are being or will be taught to hate. The men are the root of the problem. The conclusion is that they are all expendable. They're all the enemy. What about the innocent's? Its the same thing as shooting a jet out of the sky because of the threat it has on the ground.

I say go over there and wipe it clean. Everything and everyone. Two hundred years from now it will still be clean. What about the worlds reaction? Most would be grateful to us for solving what has become almost everyone's problem. Maybe not publically, but they would be glad we had the balls to do it. There would be those who would act aggressive and try to flex but realistically, the message would be very simple- You dumbasses wanted to raise the bar? Bar raised.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Rob O'Neill and Seal Team Six.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

While I understand the desire to solve the problem by hitting the reset button on the middle east. It really is just a dream that is not actually possible to accomplish.

You don't have the support in America to do it, let alone the rest of the world. If the US went in and cleaned up the middle east, Russia and China would not stay out of it, It would result in exactly what ISIS wants, a big war with lots of people getting hurt and killed so that hate and misery is expanded.

Quick Reply: WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.