Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WOW!  Jet plane crashes into World Trade center >

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Notices

WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Old 09-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Also,don't forget about building #7. http://rememberbuilding7.org/7-facts-about-building-7/.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only read the first few pages of this thread. Amazing play by play. Such confusion. Anger. Humility. Concern. Faith. Helplessness.

I remember well all of those emotions that morning.

God Bless us all...
Old 09-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

14 years already... I was actually sitting at home, one week prior to leaving for Basic Training in the US Army. Here we are 14 years later, the Army decided to retire me early. I guess 51 months of my time in Iraq was enough. I have lost a lot of good friends thanks to those damn goat f***ers. Not only to war, but to suicide after the war. This war has and will leave a lasting mark on this country. Its too bad they had our hands tied over there with the ROE. Maybe if we put more of those pieces of **** in the ground, things would be different. Needless to say... sad day indeed.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
14 years already... I was actually sitting at home, one week prior to leaving for Basic Training in the US Army. Here we are 14 years later, the Army decided to retire me early. I guess 51 months of my time in Iraq was enough. I have lost a lot of good friends thanks to those damn goat f***ers. Not only to war, but to suicide after the war. This war has and will leave a lasting mark on this country. Its too bad they had our hands tied over there with the ROE. Maybe if we put more of those pieces of **** in the ground, things would be different. Needless to say... sad day indeed.
Thank You!!!
Old 09-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
Thanks for your service!
Old 09-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I cannot believe my son was only 1... now getting ready to drive. Just shows the greatest of this Country and how it never loses its way of life!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvj6zdWLUuk
Old 09-11-2015, 04:34 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I was actually in New York when this happened visiting. the feeling was something that you could not describe. We knew people that were friends with people that were killed on this very sad day. I can not tell you how many times they kept saying to me that " please tell me this is a bad dream" . And what kind of people in this world do this. really this is all they could say over and over again.

Most New Yorkers during this and afterwards were somewhat very quit and low spoken really in shock for weeks. I was stuck for about a min of week or maybe 10 days after Sept 11 as all Airports were closed to get back home in TX. When the airports finally opened backed up in New York. they were not busy at all - If I recall there was maybe 20 people on the flight from NY back to Dallas. In the airport the security measures really changed especially in New York the first day they reopened back up. Each person one by one went behind a closed curtain as you had to strip down to your underwear and everything was very well searched including everything taken out of your bags.

I am from New York as well so this will never leave me. Will add when I finally got back to Texas I could not believe when I seen friends and neighbors and even people that knew I was from New York just came up and hugged me, some even cried. Most of the women cried. I asked them why are you crying and all the hugs. Most could not even say anything not even a word. Some said they felt really bad for New Yorkers and had a new appreciation for New Yorkers and how tough they can be. I think even people not from New York were in shock just as well. Many asked how I could even fly right after this and if I was afraid as to it happening again. I said hell the airports are so locked down right now it would have to be very safe.

It was totally different for the first couple of months coming back to Texas back then. probably this first time I did not have to hear from Texans " were you from " or "another New Yorker in Texas". Anyways never will forget this day nor the couple of months afterwards Sept 11.

I really hope the pure evil who all had a part in this day of killing so many people are really paying the price in hell. I hope it is very painful for them and their families to. Sometimes you have to ask yourself how could this form of evil even be born.

Last edited by BUP; 09-11-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by altamate
While I understand the desire to solve the problem by hitting the reset button on the middle east. It really is just a dream that is not actually possible to accomplish.

You don't have the support in America to do it, let alone the rest of the world. If the US went in and cleaned up the middle east, Russia and China would not stay out of it, It would result in exactly what ISIS wants, a big war with lots of people getting hurt and killed so that hate and misery is expanded.
Oh no, I don't support a reset on the entire middle east and neither would anyone else. And I'm not talking about floating a nuke. We have stuff that will do the type of large surgical hits that would easily decimate large portions of what can only be considered the enemy. As far as China and Russia go, keep in mind, we are big man on campus. What are they going to do? Remember history; the Cuban Missile Crisis. When push went to shove the Russians backed off. Might be over 50 years ago, but the only thing that has changed is technology and time. We still have more and better and bigger than any other country can dream of. They know it now just as they knew it then. When I think about all of the people we have lost and maimed because of these people (extremists) all I can conclude is that when one has a problem, one has to solve the problem.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I agree and felt the same BUP, am not from New York but from Rhode Island with close friends who went through hell that day. I cannot agree enough with how I went from being teased about my Yankee accent to absolute care and concern they had when they could hear the Eastern accent here in Houston, albeit not quite New York..but it really shows how this Country comes together when attacked, regardless of culture, creed or color...

I worked with some guys who's boys went to war right after and the tension in some of the offices where we had middle eastern engineers and PMs... it was a difficult time at work here in Houston for a while.

It did piss me off, so few said anything, either way. Just silence and low key. But I guess they feared what reprisal may come, much like the Japanese in WWII. They are lucky we as a country had restraint
Old 09-11-2015, 05:12 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Just re-read the first 12 pages of this thread.

Some members hear where witnessing the events out there windows and updating the info here on OSO.

I feel very much the way I did the day it happened. I have tears and am ready to vomit.

God bless this Country and may God not have mercy on those that brought this act upon us.

Quick Reply: WOW! Jet plane crashes into World Trade center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.