Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club

Notices

Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club

Old 03-05-2007, 10:40 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Stu runs a great show if you don't want to play by the rules there's plenty of water for anyone to go wipe themselves out in.

Just don't run us the fack over. Had same sh!t happen to me once, someone was over my boat with there beak, the arrow is still out on that!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Stu runs a great show if you don't want to play by the rules there's plenty of water for anyone to go wipe themselves out
Well said!

There was a thread started last week (then poofed) by one of the guys who got DQ'd. He thought it was unfair since he spent money on the event, boat, insurance and upkeep that he goes to PR's to run fast. He felt things were going to be better at a competing PR organizers upcoming event.

I thought the MBS PR was one of the nicest events I have attended. The event was nicely put together, food was great for a poker run and everything went smoothly for 95% of the participants. I want to enjoy events like these not fear for my life when someone wants to run 150 MPH through the pack of boats. When people have been killed doing PR's the rules need to change to prevent it from happening again.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Well said!

There was a thread started last week (then poofed) by one of the guys who got DQ'd. He thought it was unfair since he spent money on the event, boat, insurance and upkeep that he goes to PR's to run fast. He felt things were going to be better at a competing PR organizers upcoming event.
Then that guy needs to slap a number on the side of his boat and go racing. The bullsh*t with who has the fastest boat on a poker run needs to stop.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP
Then that guy needs to slap a number on the side of his boat and go racing. The bullsh*t with who has the fastest boat on a poker run needs to stop.
HA! That is what I responded and his reply was that I must of had one of the slow boats! It then went away........
Old 03-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Registered

HA! That is what I responded and his reply was that I must of had one of the slow boats! It then went away........
That is such a jacka$$ response. Amazing when the egos outsize the brains
Old 03-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Dave, I saw the article they did on you in the new issue of Poker Runs America. I showed the article to my wife, she said; "Oh yeah, I remember him, he's a nice guy."
Old 03-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

I guess anything below 100 is slow. These guys have to much money and no commonsense. I think everybody that goes 100+, thinks they're a good driver when in fact they just show how careless they are when they're flying through the SLOW boats. More carelessness, more regulation. This is not directed at first timers but at the morons who ruin it for everybody.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

I always found this picture amusing.

I agree with the safety comments, but not ALL of the 150+ crowd drives like asse$. I think it goes along with the rest of life that 10% of the people cause 90% of the problems.
Attached Thumbnails Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club-money.jpg  
Old 03-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well said!

I thought the MBS PR was one of the nicest events I have attended. The event was nicely put together, food was great for a poker run and everything went smoothly for 95% of the participants. I want to enjoy events like these not fear for my life when someone wants to run 150 MPH through the pack of boats. When people have been killed doing PR's the rules need to change to prevent it from happening again.
Good Point JS. Everyone seems to want more safty at events yet there always seem to be a few who do their own thing or not pay attention to what they are doing when running in a group. Stu did what he thought was best for the group and club members. Might seem harsh but if it prevents the same thing from happening at the next event then so be it.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I always found this picture amusing.

I agree with the safety comments, but not ALL of the 150+ crowd drives like asse$. I think it goes along with the rest of life that 10% of the people cause 90% of the problems.
Correcttion noted. I didn't mean everybody that drives 100 but the ones who are careless at it. I think at least the ones that can do this should be required to attend driving school though that will help only the ones WHO have some sense.

Quick Reply: Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.