Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club

Notices

Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club

Old 03-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP
Then that guy needs to slap a number on the side of his boat and go racing. The bullsh*t with who has the fastest boat on a poker run needs to stop.
Well put, I couldn't agree more on this. I purely go for the enjoyment of just being on the water with all these great machines and the great people that own them. We all have something in common. I know personally I will always be one of the last to every card stop. I never have a problem with that, hell my boat doesn't even do 80. The bottom line is that we all make it to the banquett safely, and talk smak amongst each other. Jeff
Old 03-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Follow the rules, or don't go

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΈ!
Old 03-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
How do you really feel Parn? Maybe he forgot his booster seat and didn't see you.
It's a year removed. I wanted to kick his ass at the time. NK
Old 03-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Stu runs a great show if you don't want to play by the rules there's plenty of water for anyone to go wipe themselves out in. !
I couldn't have said it better myself !

LS
Old 03-05-2007, 07:27 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
I think that is a little overkill for a first offense. I talked to people on one of the DQ'd boats, and the pace boat, and they both agreed it was a mistake and have moved on. So should everyone else.

A person who has a history at more than one event is a danger, banning someone after one run will kill our sport just the same.

Ask Stu and the owner of the Cig pace boat I think the driver that almost rolled there boat was lucky it didnt go over Stu said it was the closest he ever came to rolling in a boat. that the story I was there. The owner of the cig had to be calmed by a couple of people he wanted blood.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:30 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BatGirl
Stu makes his rules very clear at the drivers meeting. If you don't want to obey by his rules, you should not attend his events.
Due to recent tragitys at Poker Runs, changes must be made, or there will not be any more events and insurance rates will be insane for powerboaters.
I am sure for those who those who got "Banished", If they come back and apologise and relize the screwed up, they will be allowed back to an event.
I worked for Stu, he is pretty fair, and just wants everyone to be safe and have a good time and not get hurt on his event.
He has 100 boats, have of them do over 100 mph, where as when he started the club, they only went 60mph.
Come on guys, he is responsible for some serious horsepower! Put yourself in his shoes.....
BG XO

I Agree that would work
Old 03-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bojoe2
Ask Stu and the owner of the Cig pace boat I think the driver that almost rolled there boat was lucky it didnt go over Stu said it was the closest he ever came to rolling in a boat. that the story I was there. The owner of the cig had to be calmed by a couple of people he wanted blood.
The offender who cut the paceboat off has already been defended to me by a few people as he is an NJPPC member. The rebuttle is that he could not see out of the sides of his boat well.

Sorry - I call bullsh*t. He damn well saw everyone as he blew by them as they were IN FRONT of him at the time. Then to change lanes and cross the fleet. Stupid F*cking move on his part and needs to pull his head out of his a$$.

I can say that he has not done such things on any of our previous runs but that does not make up for what he did in FL.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by BatGirl
Stu makes his rules very clear at the drivers meeting. If you don't want to obey by his rules, you should not attend his events.
Due to recent tragitys at Poker Runs, changes must be made, or there will not be any more events and insurance rates will be insane for powerboaters.
I am sure for those who those who got "Banished", If they come back and apologise and relize the screwed up, they will be allowed back to an event.
I worked for Stu, he is pretty fair, and just wants everyone to be safe and have a good time and not get hurt on his event.
He has 100 boats, have of them do over 100 mph, where as when he started the club, they only went 60mph.
Come on guys, he is responsible for some serious horsepower! Put yourself in his shoes.....
BG XO
Funny part is, last year at this time when I said that about a certain "killer" everyone jumped down my throat...

After hearing what was said from people about what "happened" I still feel that everyone deserves a chance, I would support Stu's decision 100% to tell the person to go home, you're not running with us today, think about it, if thats the way you are going to act you're not welcome. But give him that 1 warning, any run after that make sure he/she knows they will be watched. i wholly agree that he(Stu) doesnt have the time to babysit a problem/ego.

Once this person has a reputation of screwing up and isnt welcome at any runs, he will either wise up, or be alone.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:41 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I always found this picture amusing.

I agree with the safety comments, but not ALL of the 150+ crowd drives like asse$. I think it goes along with the rest of life that 10% of the people cause 90% of the problems.
Warparty you could't of said it any better
Old 03-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP
The offender who cut the paceboat off has already been defended to me by a few people as he is an NJPPC member. The rebuttle is that he could not see out of the sides of his boat well.

Sorry - I call bullsh*t. He damn well saw everyone as he blew by them as they were IN FRONT of him at the time. Then to change lanes and cross the fleet. Stupid F*cking move on his part and needs to pull his head out of his a$$.

I can say that he has not done such things on any of our previous runs but that does not make up for what he did in FL.
Dave, I talked extensivley with Mark about the incident. He stated that it was his fault and that he let up instead of staying in the gas as the gap closed which actually made the boats get closer together. He was sincerly sorry for the incident and relizes who fast things can get out of hand and a lesson was learned by him. I do not get the feeling that Mark has a huge ego or has the need to run WFO and out of control to show everyone who has a fast boat. I feel it was an isolated incident and we wont put himself or anyone else in that position again. I saw how upset Tony was at Gilberts at Mark and the two of them were able to talk about it and hash things out.

Bob

Quick Reply: Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.