Notices

Drive Indicator Issue???

Old 03-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive Indicator Issue???

I am having a problem with the drive indicators on my Adrenaline. When I get on plane and start to trim out they will not pass 4 or 4.5 on the visual indicator near my controls. It is like they run up and then just get stuck. I have had this problem since day one and have not been able to get it rectified. The drives go up and down fully without a problem, but the indicators just stop. I have checked the lines and made sure they were greased. I have taken the indicators off of the drive and tried to pull them all of the way out and that does not work either. What could cause this? Like I said it has been like this since the boat was built and it happens regardless if it running or on the trailer. All suggestions are appreciated.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If Its Not A Cable Issue ,Cable Should Go In And Out All The Way ,Then Its In The Indicator Unit It Self,Maybe The Hole For The Indicator Is Not Big Enough And The Slides Are Binding On The Glass????What Kind Of Unit Is It??
Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Registered

so theres no sharp turns under the dash ??then maybe new cables, stainless marine has a set that slide better than stock merc ones I here. man sorry about your boat that thing is not right from what you have been saying. I would have pulled the plug on it by now.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lightspeed
If Its Not A Cable Issue ,Cable Should Go In And Out All The Way ,Then Its In The Indicator Unit It Self,Maybe The Hole For The Indicator Is Not Big Enough And The Slides Are Binding On The Glass????What Kind Of Unit Is It??
They look like the regular stainless Eddie Marine Mechanical indicators that show tabs and drives I am not sure where they came from though. There are no sharp turns from the dash to the Stringers, but that is where I cannot route them any further back...??? Isn't it weird that it will go some of the way, but not all?
Old 03-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Registered

Sounds like you need a OL 39 GTX
Old 03-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Sounds like that's as far as the drive will trim while underway.

Can you verify the drive keeps moving up while the indicator stops moving? I would think there's a limit to how much you can trim the drive with the engine in gear.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:12 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Ron P

Can you verify the drive keeps moving up while the indicator stops moving? I would think there's a limit to how much you can trim the drive with the engine in gear.
There was on my baja. Not much more than half way up....any more and you needed to hit the trailer switch too.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P

No it will trim further. The indicator does not stop at the same time on a conssitent basis. Sometimes it will go to 5 and other times it will only go to 4 or 4.5. It will always make it by 4 though.

Jonathan
Old 03-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
There was on my baja. Not much more than half way up....any more and you needed to hit the trailer switch too.
same thing on my scarab
Old 03-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
same thing on my scarab
Yeah...I know what you guys are talking about but this boat does not have it. The trim switch on the throttles moves the drives all of the way up and down, and like I said the indicators stop in different places throughout the process.

Quick Reply: Drive Indicator Issue???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.