Notices

Earth Race

Old 03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
FPC Events
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Earth Race

I have an urgent need I am hoping I can get you to back me on.
There is a power boat named Earth Race, which by the way is one bad ass looking and running offshore powerboat, that has a goal to race around the world faster than any power boat has done thus far.
Well these guys had a misfortune of loosing a key sponsor just a month before the scheduled event.
We would like to help the cause in any way possible. Either by helping find them funds, or ancillary services for the team and there support crews.
Can I press you into giving me a hand looking for help for them throughout our vast networks of power boat enthusiast, media likes, fans, sponsors, race sanctioning bodies, poker run sanctioning bodies, insurance companies, boat dealers, boat builders, engine builders etc etc. You get the picture.

www.earthrace.net

Sean "Hold the handrail firmly" Trainor
503-781-9209

Sean sent me this email, looks like a good cause!
Jackie
Old 03-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wave-piercing trimaran
They are selling legs of the trip if anyone is interested. Sounds really awesome. Around the world record on Bio-diesel.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:45 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much money are talking about Jackie? I guess we could skip Blue Martini this weekend
Old 03-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Registered

Why did they lose the sponsor.....any idea?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

I saw this boat and poked around on the inside when it was in Jacksonville about a month back. Check the website, and if it comes near you, GO CHECK IT OUT. The guys running it are true boat guys. We sat on the stern and talked about all the crazy ideas to make the thing lighter. The whole boat is carbon fiber over foam. They are talking about trying carbon fiber modular props, that flex a bit to make them a variable pitch prop. I can go on and on, but i think you get the idea. Give em a small donation while youre down there, they'll appreciate it. Not often you'll get to see something like this thing.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:08 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

They are selling legs of the trip if anyone is interested.

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com
How much money are talking about Jackie? I guess we could skip Blue Martini this weekend

+ My best boating pal is the first paying passenger on the first leg ! Barbados to the Pacific side of the Panama Canal.+

Only $15000 !
Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 AM
FPC Events
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Why did they lose the sponsor.....any idea?
no idea, I don't know much about it.
Sean Trainor sent this to us.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:16 AM
FPC Events
VIP Member

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com
http://www.earthrace.net/index.php?section=55

check out this link, looks like $2500

But they have lots of options, airline miles, small donations, etc
Old 03-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered

Default Earth Race

Jackie,

Thank you for assisting me in this 23rd hour cause.

I have followed the remarks above. I am unsure of the reason they lost the sponsor. Figured why kick the dog when he is down.
What matters is how can the Offshore Powerboating community pull together to help them out.

My family and I live on an island (Bocas) off the coast of Panama. We were made aware of the boat through some friends in Panama city, Panama who are involved in logistics as the boat transgresses the Panama canal next week.

We are going to obtain a helicopter to video this transgression. If my time frame was better I would take the leg from Panama to Acapulco. I mean what a lifelong story, could it get any better?

The opportunity to make a run like that in a boat like this, well, even beats Miami to the Tiki Bar in a Nor-Tech. (Sorry Trond, Stu)

Anyhow, thank you all for you attention and comments on this awesome event.
I will post the needs that Earthrace has directed towards me, as well as their direct contacts. Please Jackie is busy enough and has only posted here as a favor for me. Please respond directly to the Earthrace team.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered

Default Earthrace Help List

Here is the earthrace Help list:

Seven ways you can save the planet and help Earthrace break the round the world speedboat record using Bio Diesel

1. Donate Air Miles-We need air miles to buy the plane tickets the ground crew need to follow and support Earthrace. If we don’t use the miles we will return them. Donate by going to following links
2. Help with Housing-We are in need of a place to stay in Acapulco, San Diego, the Marshal Islands, Palau and Singapore. Know anybody in these areas that can help with ideas?
3. Unused Time Share Weeks-Send us your unused Time Share weeks. We only need a week or two in each port on our racecourse. If you have unused Time Share weeks we can use them to support the ground crew and give the race crew a place to shower during the pit stops.
4. Sell legs on Earthrace-We have select legs open. Want to participate in a world record setting extreme sport? Know anybody who does? The cost per leg is between 10k and 30K depending on the distance. Make Earthrace part of your vacation plans and join us for a leg while helping to save the planet.
5. Make a donation, or buy DVD’s, posters and hats--Small donations add up. No large sponsors have built Earthrace. It’s all been through small donations from people just like you. People that want to help save the planet and are willing to make a small contribution. Click here to donate or to do some online shopping click here.
6. Help us find fuel-Call around to your bio diesel provider and ask for fuel for Earthrace. We still have legs that need fuel donated and the only way this will happen is for you to help with the cause. As many of you know our main fuel sponsor dropped out just before the race start leaving Earthrace in need of Bio Diesel.
7. Volunteer your time-Earthrace depends on volunteers stepping forward and helping in many different ways. Picking up crew from the airport, spending time on the Internet getting Earthrace publicity, help link us on more pages, showing up to support Earthrace during her race tour, calling local media to help arrange more coverage, calling your local Bio Diesel supplier and asking for donations of fuel, and any other ways you can think of to help us achieve this record breaking circumnavigation.

For Fuel assistance (most important) [email protected]
For other help (almost as important) [email protected]

Thank you again for helping out this cause in your most generous way.

Quick Reply: Earth Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.