boat purchase from georgia >

boat purchase from georgia

Notices

boat purchase from georgia

Old 03-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boat purchase from georgia

any one familiar with purchaseing a boat from georgia ? owner will give bill of sale states georgia doesn't have titles but my state does and they want a registration also . where can I call or go to get a duplicate from georgia ? owner states he cant find it . haven't had any money exchange yet and i want to be able to get all necessary documents before that takes place
Old 03-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts

Ga doesn't title boats but they do have registration. He would need to get a duplicate copy of the registration.....or he doesn't have it registered. You may have a problem getting that on your own.

I wouldn't buy it if he can't come up with something. Total pain in the ass otherwise.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Registered

When I lived in GA I sold a boat to someone in Fl. We wrote up a bill of sale and I gave him noterized copy of the registration card. When he went to get registered and titled in Fl that was all he needed.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

I bought a boat from Tenessee - they don't have title laws either. I did have his old registration but I didn't need it. All I had was a bill of sale - I had it titled and registered in OK. Paid $6 in sales tax (1992 year boat) and I was on my way. Slicker than owl sh*t.

Ospreyproduction - NICE AZZ - whoever it is
Old 03-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Registered

Osprey is correct, we don"t have Titles in Georgia, but I would get a Bill of Sale and the Registration. If he can't find it , he should only have to look on his boat for the numbers, and get a duplicate. I also would not screw with it if he can't come up with good numbers. (unless it is Brand new or something I guess)
Old 03-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerFace
Osprey is correct, we don"t have Titles in Georgia, but I would get a Bill of Sale and the Registration. If he can't find it , he should only have to look on his boat for the numbers, and get a duplicate. I also would not screw with it if he can't come up with good numbers. (unless it is Brand new or something I guess)
can they look it up by the hull id # or do they need the registration # to get a duplicate copy ? the dnr in my state said it doesn't have to be current that will be a $5.00 penality if not currently registered but they were pretty adamant about seeing some registration at least