Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Muffler laws on LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/153236-muffler-laws-loto.html)

sundevil 03-09-2007 03:02 PM

Muffler laws on LOTO

I have a 35' Fountain with 575's and would like to take a weeks vacation at LOTO. I was told by some friends that I would need mufflers. Is the water patrol stopping boats for this? I would think there are quite a few boats on the lake that don't meet the noise requirement. I will use silent choice around docks and idle zones.

Wild 03-09-2007 03:06 PM

you dont need no stinking mufflers :D :D

I havent had them for 2 years now and have never been stopped and mine are LOUD - If dont do a high spead fly by them you will be OK - act sensible you will be fine

See you there

Wild

Von Bongo 03-09-2007 04:05 PM

If you are there in the heart of the summer you probably will not have any problems. If you ar there in April you might get checked.

WeaponX 03-09-2007 05:45 PM

Your fine just don't bring a cat. That's a fact Jack.:mad:
Ask any big power cat or tail pitching V on this lake. Or you will be kicked off.

Buddy OO 03-09-2007 06:27 PM

I can attest to what X said, especially early in the year, have had plenty myself and know ton's of people who have had multiple tickets and some that have been kicked off lake. bring your turndowns if you come to loto, and do not drink .

dykstra 03-10-2007 08:58 AM

Ask Wiggler 4490, he knows a lot about the laws on the lake.

FREEDOM US1 03-10-2007 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by WeaponX (Post 2052645)
Your fine just don't bring a cat. That's a fact Jack.:mad:
Ask any big power cat or tail pitching V on this lake. Or you will be kicked off.

I coudn't agree more. I have a 46 Skater and they will stop you for any thing they can come up with. If your not a local watch out and don't drink!!! Those guys are AZZ HOLES. :mad: Other than that it is a great lake to have fun on.:D :drink: Next time I'll let you know how I really feel.:D

Buddy OO 03-10-2007 05:38 PM

You got that right, I've had my fair share of Noise tickets in the past, but since I put on the turndowns no tickets so far. I agree with Jimmy and be very careful pulling into frankie and loui's cove, they hide around the corner.

WeaponX 03-10-2007 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 (Post 2053498)
I coudn't agree more. I have a 46 Skater and they will stop you for any thing they can come up with. If your not a local watch out and don't drink!!! Those guys are AZZ HOLES. :mad: Other than that it is a great lake to have fun on. Next time I'll let you know how I really feel.

They just look for world famous Jim Lee and the big 46.
He's bound to be doing something wrong.:D
Or just getting beat by a 36 in the big water.:evilb: :D

Blow-N-Thunder 03-11-2007 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by WeaponX (Post 2053533)
They just look for world famous Jim Lee and the big 46.
He's bound to be doing something wrong.:D
Or just getting beat by a 36 in the big water.:evilb: :D

You better be nice to him, he may be the only one who will give you a ride this summer. unless you bought something I don't know about.