Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
34 Fountain cc or 35 Donzi cc triple eng >

34 Fountain cc or 35 Donzi cc triple eng

Notices

34 Fountain cc or 35 Donzi cc triple eng

Old 03-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Driven1 as always, you the wifey and kids are always welcome to go out with us. It's an open invatation ok?

I do not know what I would get. I know what I would like but I do not really think I will ever go back to a I/O high performance boat. Outboards for boating all the time, every weekend and during the week around Tampa seem the best way to go for various reasons.

Lisa and I are thinking we would like to really scale down in boat size and cost. Although our Fountain 38TE has been trouble free, and our local Fountain dealer is a dream to deal with, it seems like the bigger the boat the bigger the headache especially with I/O's and trying to get them serviced is a major ordeal.

Lisa and I are seriously thinking of getting a 28-30 or even smaller CC normal type of boat with twin OB's and keeping the cost well below $100k. Then we would have money for some other toys we want in the car world.

We have tried out the boat club/poker run deal and it is just not us. Even that was a bunch of trouble and arguments to get what we paid for on the Labor Day poker run...still we never got everything we paid for. Some people do not feel this is a rip off but just the way poker run clubs work. We feel we have been ripped off too many times in the high performance boating world. Lisa and I love getting out on the water and checking out various canals, coves, waterways and resturants by boat. We just want something simple and carefree and a CC with outboards is the way to go.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,064 Likes on 281 Posts

Good Luck on whatever you decide on!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Driven1 as always, you the wifey and kids are always welcome to go out with us. It's an open invatation ok?

I do not know what I would get. I know what I would like but I do not really think I will ever go back to a I/O high performance boat. Outboards for boating all the time, every weekend and during the week around Tampa seem the best way to go for various reasons.

Lisa and I are thinking we would like to really scale down in boat size and cost. Although our Fountain 38TE has been trouble free, and our local Fountain dealer is a dream to deal with, it seems like the bigger the boat the bigger the headache especially with I/O's and trying to get them serviced is a major ordeal.

Lisa and I are seriously thinking of getting a 28-30 or even smaller CC normal type of boat with twin OB's and keeping the cost well below $100k. Then we would have money for some other toys we want in the car world.

We have tried out the boat club/poker run deal and it is just not us. Even that was a bunch of trouble and arguments to get what we paid for on the Labor Day poker run...still we never got everything we paid for. Some people do not feel this is a rip off but just the way poker run clubs work. We feel we have been ripped off too many times in the high performance boating world. Lisa and I love getting out on the water and checking out various canals, coves, waterways and resturants by boat. We just want something simple and carefree and a CC with outboards is the way to go.

I will take you up on the boat trip now that I will not have a boat. Dylan wants to go fishing, so maybe we can do that one day.
How small would you go? Coming from the 47, anything I go down will seem small when the seas get rough. Took the wife to the Miami boat show and she liked the Intrepid 37 open the best. Very comfortable bench that was the entire width of the boat. Also had nice lounging area up front. http://intrepidboats.com/models/370_cc/index.html
With triple 300 verados should be a 67 mph boat. If Fountain did a deck layout like that I would be all over it since it would be faster. I like the Spectre 34http://www.spectresportfish.com/34.html

or the Donzi 38 ZFX. I spoke to the plant about this boat at the Ft. Lauderdale show and they could do 4 bolsters which would be cool. I want something that you can take at least 8-10 people and everyone can sit down comfortably.
What other toys are you looking at in the car world? If you need a trailer to tow something to the track come see me since that is what I am getting into.
Mike
Old 03-12-2007, 10:36 AM

The 38ZFX is the answer to fishing and comfort with its L shaped couch in the front she can handle 5 people in the front, we have sold many 38ZFXs and with the 250 Verado she runs 64mph and with the 275 Verados hits 70 she is also a big 38, length is a true 38'3" with a 9'6" beam everyone that owns them love them. good luck on what you decide all the boats you mention are good boats.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Donzi 38ZSF is actually more like the 377 Intrepid than the 38ZFX. It has more wind protection and a cabin with areal head/shower, as well as gen/AC/Heat. It's heavier, wider and almost as fast as the ZFX.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
The 38ZFX is the answer to fishing and comfort with its L shaped couch in the front she can handle 5 people in the front, we have sold many 38ZFXs and with the 250 Verado she runs 64mph and with the 275 Verados hits 70 she is also a big 38, length is a true 38'3" with a 9'6" beam everyone that owns them love them. good luck on what you decide all the boats you mention are good boats.
What do you think the Donzi would run with triple 300XS?