Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   cigs (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15350-cigs.html)

Scooter 02-08-2002 05:03 PM

cigs

who owns a 42 tiger, and do they like it for the money? what type of power?

Shorgasm 02-08-2002 05:11 PM

I gotta another question for you Cig owner's.......Don't take this the wrong way..

What's the deal with owning a cig over say a Outerlimits's or a Fountain......maybe even a Formula.........They seem to be Outrageuosly priced........If I'm thinking right....it's kinda like having a Harley over say a Valkyrie or such.....

They just seem to be WAY more money for the same size speed and class boat.....and they are usually older......

I'm not getting at they might be a smidge better but some how I think they may have something to do with the name....

Once again.........Not dissing them just curious if this is the story or are they just THAT much better of a boat?????

;)

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: shorgasm ]

Horseplay 02-08-2002 06:25 PM

I have a Top Gun, purchased new, so I'm admittedly biased. Before the cig, we had a Baja. When we were in the looking stage, we made a point of looking at boats that were 5 to 10 years old. Cigarette just seemed to hold up better than the others. Our experience to date (5 years now) is outstanding, they just don't break ! I also think that their resale holds up better than most other makes.

Scooter 02-08-2002 06:42 PM

horseplay have any pics? and have you brought it up to traverse city yet to run it

DEVIL MAN 02-08-2002 06:46 PM

Shorgasm....are you saying that Cigs are outrageously priced and Outerlimits are not????? Better check that one out. Owning a Cigarette is like owning a classic hot rod or collectable from the 50's or 60's...I admit, it is not for everyone.

My biggest reasons for buying a Cigarette were that I was able to steal it, I loved the classic flat deck look with the built in race ferring and most of all, they have incredible resale value. There are lots of great boats out there, but for my needs, I favored the Cigarette.

Before the Cig, I owned a Fountain 38 Fever and I absolutely loved that boat also....ran the crap out of it for eight years...it was a hell of a boat.

Before the Fountain, I owned a SCARAB 30 foot center console....put 1600 hours on it in just over three years!!!!! By myself...I absolutely loved that boat...it was a beauty!!!!

Hear what I am saying...beauty is in the eyes of the beholder....at each point in my life, the boat I had at the time was absolutely the best.....that is the way it should be for everyone. Anyone that owns a boat and gets to use it and appreciate it....is one lucky SOB!!!!!!

DMan...

Oh yeah, Horseplay is right, the Cigs are really overbuilt....better than being underbuilt!!!! They have a great reputation for holding up well....as for the name, no more catchy than SCARAB, Hustler, Formula, Fountain, etc.....

Shorgasm 02-08-2002 06:48 PM

Not saying the Outerlimits' aren't out of this world expensive but the Cig's rarely are seen new and always have a "new" boat price...... :eek:

spitfire1 02-08-2002 07:04 PM

Shor....I have had my cig for about a year now....I had a Formula 292SR-1 before this boat.....both good boats..however the Cig is hands down a much better rough water boat....I also put some stock in the resale value of the Cig.....It seems that they have a little more staying power than some...I also think that the name has alot to do with it.....Kind of owning a piece of a legend if you know what I mean.......I would definitely buy another one......I love it. :cool:

Scooter 02-08-2002 07:20 PM

I powerboat mag, don't forget to say you cannot build handmade boats for the price or production boats, thats like buying a plain cookie for the same price as a choc-chip one you lose money. can get the best made if you don't pay for it. only if the company sells for what they have in the boat not the man power, etc.

Scooter 02-08-2002 07:30 PM

wasn't saying you where knocking the boat, just stating why they up the price. yes it maybe to high lol lol

Scooter 02-08-2002 07:36 PM

LET US ALL KNOW WE CAN HAVE A OSO PARTY ON YOUR NEW BOAT.