Like Tree0Likes

Who has Konrads for sale??

Reply
Old 03-26-2007, 03:08 PM
  #31
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Biggus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Naples, Maine
My Boats: 02 Cigarette Mystique T/S
Posts: 6,298
Default

Jeff1000man, the TRS 1/2 conversion retails for $9775.00 for the left hand unit. The rt hand drive is $10,175.00 I think your buddy had bad info as 8k is below cost.

The 1/2 conversion consists of the drive leg and bellhousing. Also, the 1/2 conversion utilizes a smaller U-joint assembly due to the size limitations of the Mercruiser TRS transom assembly.

Konrad Marine has priced the TRS conversion systems so it really makes sense to do a complete conversion. The complete system includes the Konrad heavy duty transom assembly, trim rams and a Revolution Marine 48 oz. drive lube reservoir. It's only an $1800.00 upgrade over the 1/2 conversion. It's not uncommon for a used TRS transom assy to fetch $1500 or so on ebay.

Panther, no you can't bolt a Konrad lower to the TRS upper, There are very different units, bearing placement etc.

Feel free to contact me directly if needed.

Kurt 715-410-0735
[email protected]

Last edited by Biggus; 03-26-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Biggus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:43 PM
  #32
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member
 
LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NorthEastern, PA
Posts: 2,512
Default

My bad on the retails.. I was shooting from the hip.. Im glad I was right about them not being in the 8s though..

As far as a lower for the TRS I believe a 2a ssm may bolt on but I dont recall for sure.. Jamie
__________________
www.LakesideRestorations.com 570-639-2628
We Make Fast Toys Faster, Cool Toys Cooler and Old Toys New!.. Performance, Custom & OEM Parts & much MORE![/CENTER]
LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:54 PM
  #33
Registered
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONZI33 View Post
My bad on the retails.. I was shooting from the hip.. Im glad I was right about them not being in the 8s though..

As far as a lower for the TRS I believe a 2a ssm may bolt on but I dont recall for sure.. Jamie

Is the old 2a stronger than the TRS lower.
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:01 PM
  #34
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Biggus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Naples, Maine
My Boats: 02 Cigarette Mystique T/S
Posts: 6,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1000man View Post
Is the old 2a stronger than the TRS lower.

The old Speedmaster II lower unit will bolt on to a TRS upper, (lower needs to be shimmed to the upper) but it is 2" longer than a TRS. The prop will be excessively deep. Back when the Speedy II's were available the boat was set up with a higher X-dimention.

Also, parts for the Speedmaster II are extinct. Nothing is available. And no, they were not stronger than a TRS.

Kurt
Biggus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:22 PM
  #35
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member
 
LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NorthEastern, PA
Posts: 2,512
Default

You will also have a hard time in just finding one in decent shape.. You woulds be much better off going Konrad. No matter where you get it. You could look at it this way, the konrads may look $$ now, but a few TRS rebuilds with parts that are not as strong as the originals & the Konrad paid for itself.. Not to mention the time you could be spending on the water.. Jamie / Lakeside
__________________
www.LakesideRestorations.com 570-639-2628
We Make Fast Toys Faster, Cool Toys Cooler and Old Toys New!.. Performance, Custom & OEM Parts & much MORE![/CENTER]
LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:08 PM
  #36
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU
Posts: 15,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggus View Post
Jeff1000man, the TRS 1/2 conversion retails for $9775.00 for the left hand unit. The rt hand drive is $10,175.00 I think your buddy had bad info as 8k is below cost.

The 1/2 conversion consists of the drive leg and bellhousing. Also, the 1/2 conversion utilizes a smaller U-joint assembly due to the size limitations of the Mercruiser TRS transom assembly.

Konrad Marine has priced the TRS conversion systems so it really makes sense to do a complete conversion. The complete system includes the Konrad heavy duty transom assembly, trim rams and a Revolution Marine 48 oz. drive lube reservoir. It's only an $1800.00 upgrade over the 1/2 conversion. It's not uncommon for a used TRS transom assy to fetch $1500 or so on ebay.

Panther, no you can't bolt a Konrad lower to the TRS upper, There are very different units, bearing placement etc.

Feel free to contact me directly if needed.

Kurt 715-410-0735
[email protected]
Kurt I already told Jeff to send you a check for 20K and throw his junk away. I wish he would quit strokin and make a move
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:10 PM
  #37
Registered
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lake Conroe, TX.
My Boats: 39' Sea Ray, 38' Nortech, 18' Taylor SJ
Posts: 14,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 View Post
Kurt I already told Jeff to send you a check for 20K and throw his junk away. I wish he would quit strokin and make a move
Loan me 20K Tom. You high roller
jeff1000man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:12 PM
  #38
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU
Posts: 15,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1000man View Post
Loan me 20K Tom. You high roller
I was hopin you would give me some of your cash layin around
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:16 PM
  #39
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Biggus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Naples, Maine
My Boats: 02 Cigarette Mystique T/S
Posts: 6,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 View Post
Kurt I already told Jeff to send you a check for 20K and throw his junk away. I wish he would quit strokin and make a move
Biggus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Xtreme Air
Cigarette
8
01-23-2007 09:11 PM
Tantrum
General Boating Discussion
12
01-02-2007 08:21 AM
TeamSaris
General Boating Discussion
13
12-31-2006 12:53 PM
bonecrusher
General Boating Discussion
13
08-07-2006 11:55 PM
Lofty
General Boating Discussion
20
02-13-2005 09:45 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.