Notices

Lake Texoma or PK??

Old 03-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Texoma or PK??

Help a fellow boater out!

Which lake is better?

Least obstructions, logs floating debri?
Better sand bars/beachable areas ? If any?
Which has a better party atmosphere...More A$$ to look at??lol
Better for over nighter/camping
Lake based resurants/marinas
And where are the best ramps to put in at?

Thanks

265 Virage
Old 03-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Registered

tt
Old 03-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Biggest lake on Texas with the only all natural sand beaches, best striper fishing in the country, and one of the biggest (cash payout) poker runs in the country..... Texoma!!
Old 03-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Registered

If your looking for the Big party then Texoma for sure.I've got some teen age girls so we go to Possum Kingdom,however it gets pretty crazy at Pk on holiday weekends,plus the water is alot more clear than texoma.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Registered

Two very different lakes .......... I prefer PK ,,,,,, Because I run a smaller boat ...... Water conditions are usually better ....... I believe it's deeper and clearity is better as well .......... However, your list of requirements may be better suited for Texoma ........... Much Larger Lake with everything your looking for .........
Old 03-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Registered

I Have been on both lakes quite a bit and Texoma is what you are looking for. It is a much bigger lake then PK, You have Thong Island for the partying, there are great camp sites that all typically have boat ramps all around the lake, and there are a ton of lakeside marinas with restaurants. PK Is a very nice lake , the water is a lot clearer, but it does not have the amenities you are looking for, It has a good party on Holiday weekends down in a cove near the damn, the cove has a name but I don't remember it.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Registered

I live in Hurst Tx but I'm from Oklohama. Texoma is all around the best lake if your wanting to travel. The best part is that you dont have to boat hop in a cove all day. You can move around the islands and enjoy the beaches that are throughout the lake.....
A great area to stay is Highport Marina area. look up cantweight.com to get an idea of the atmosphere.

You should join us at Lake Lewisville also!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered

The cove at PK is Hells Gate.Good thing about PK too is all of the big ass homes.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Registered

If you want to see lots of bare breasts and thong bikinis, then you need to go to Texoma. While Hells Gate (on PK) is the party cove, it is calm compared to "the islands" on Texoma.

Texoma also have more/better lodging/camping than PK.

I would recommend launching at Highport Marina and staying at Tanglewood.

Good luck!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info. I will; be sure to look at all the sit info you all have provided. I am waiting for my upholstry to be completed as well as the props to be twicked. I should be able to get out there within 2 weeks if not sooner. i will have to meet up with you guy's. I am from the Austin area and usual run arround on Travis, or Belton lake. I just moved here to Ft Worth, and I have heard that there are about 5 lakes that are within 1 hour of me......

Quick Reply: Lake Texoma or PK??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.