Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How bad I hate Winter! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/153817-how-bad-i-hate-winter.html)

Shanghied Again 03-17-2007 08:27 AM

How bad I hate Winter!

Let me be the first to say Winter S%*ks. Last week in NJ we hit 77 deg. Yesterday an today we get hit with a Noreaster 32 deg freezing everything in site. I get up go outside figure I better start the Suburban (wont start) battery dead! Nice, I don't use the truck unless I tow or there is snow on the ground. So I go over to my Pontiac Solstice (Big Mistake) go to open the door and rip the door handle right off (Nice lets make the handle out of plastic so when it freezes it will snap) go to the passenger side get in start the car let her warm. Well let me tell you I found a car thats worst then my older Corvette on Ice, the car slid to work. Come to work and Typhoon Performance Marine looks like a skate park, maybe instead of selling boats I should put up a sign $5 all day skating arena (I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING?) I would hate to be further North were they got hit with 12" of snow. As I look in the showroom and see all the brand new boats all I can do is fantasize of boating and warm weather ahead.

JIMKID Motorsports 03-17-2007 08:33 AM

WE had the same thing in michigan one day 67 next day one inch of snow on the ground im going racing in biloxi this week cant wait to get the hell out of here

carrboy 03-17-2007 08:39 AM

No $hit...I hear ya!!! 60deg. just 2 days ago,10" of snow last night and 18 deg. today...just put the plow and snowmobile behind the boats...WTF!:mad:

DRIVEN1 03-17-2007 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again (Post 2060988)
Let me be the first to say Winter S%*ks. Last week in NJ we hit 77 deg. Yesterday an today we get hit with a Noreaster 32 deg freezing everything in site. I get up go outside figure I better start the Suburban (wont start) battery dead! Nice, I don't use the truck unless I tow or there is snow on the ground. So I go over to my Pontiac Solstice (Big Mistake) go to open the door and rip the door handle right off (Nice lets make the handle out of plastic so when it freezes it will snap) go to the passenger side get in start the car let her warm. Well let me tell you I found a car thats worst then my older Corvette on Ice, the car slid to work. Come to work and Typhoon Performance Marine looks like a skate park, maybe instead of selling boats I should put up a sign $5 all day skating arena (I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING?) I would hate to be further North were they got hit with 12" of snow. As I look in the showroom and see all the brand new boats all I can do is fantasize of boating and warm weather ahead.

Tell me about those temp swings. We were 82 on Thursday and today it is only going to hit 69. :D

bluellama 03-17-2007 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Frankie I feel for you, I really do. I feel about as sorry for you as you did for me when you phoned me from the Miami show when it was -25 at home. :D
We're headed to Bonita Bill's for St. Paddy's Day, I'll ask the server to throw ice at me so I can feel your pain ......

pm203 03-17-2007 09:17 AM

Yup, winter SUCKS!!! .....But, it won't be long now!

Pro1 03-17-2007 09:19 AM

Frank as I sit here stuck in Ft Lauderdale at the Harbor Beach Marriott, because of all the flight delays, The st patties day party will start this afternoon with the green beer etc. Spring Break is in high gear down here. Nj where?

wrinkleface 03-17-2007 09:28 AM

I Want Summer!!:d

oreo11zeus 03-17-2007 12:59 PM

I feel your pain - Just drove up from Florida 88 degrees! and hit the same CRAP - I slept at the truck stop in Akron Ohio the temp went from 62 to SNOW over-night FROZE MY BUTT OFF

cosmic12 03-17-2007 01:26 PM

I just got back from a week in Montrey Ca. was in the 80s all week the wife was telling me it was 60 to 70 at home and yesterday I had 4 f'ing hours of delay for the chit weather here (central N.Y.) I hate it more and more every year don't know how much more I can take:eek: