Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   History on Skater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/154001-history-skater.html)

40FlatDeck 03-19-2007 07:32 PM

History on Skater

Last year my father and I purchased a 2000, 40' Skater. I know the boat was originally named "The Chase Is On". It's now "Never Late". We have been going thru the whole boat from top to bottom and I was wondering if the minds on OSO know any background on this boat. Anybody?????????:D

thisistank 03-19-2007 08:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck (Post 2063848)
Last year my father and I purchased a 2000, 40' Skater. I know the boat was originally named "The Chase Is On". It's now "Never Late". We have been going thru the whole boat from top to bottom and I was wondering if the minds on OSO know any background on this boat. Anybody?????????:D

I know you can call Scot Conrad and get the full story on it:D

SICK BOAT!!:cool:

OL40SVX 03-19-2007 09:16 PM

I kind of know the guy that bought it from American Offshore Marine in FL. It was kept up here in CT for a couple of years. He traded the boat into Ocean Performance for a Contender. The owner of Ocean Performance had Richie Rich paint the boat with an X-Men theme. It was amazing. I'll find a pic of it. Then the owner wanted to buy the boat back. He then had Richie paint the boat to the way it is now Never Late. He backed out of the deal before it was done being painted. It probably wasn't run in a year or so up here. Then since Ocean was stuck with the boat Scott traded an Outerlimits and $$ to Chris for the Skater. (I think). Scott could clear that up. Thats all I know about it. It ran really good while here and the owner didn't use it much.

40FlatDeck 03-20-2007 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 2064019)
I kind of know the guy that bought it from American Offshore Marine in FL. It was kept up here in CT for a couple of years. He traded the boat into Ocean Performance for a Contender. The owner of Ocean Performance had Richie Rich paint the boat with an X-Men theme. It was amazing. I'll find a pic of it. Then the owner wanted to buy the boat back. He then had Richie paint the boat to the way it is now Never Late. He backed out of the deal before it was done being painted. It probably wasn't run in a year or so up here. Then since Ocean was stuck with the boat Scott traded an Outerlimits and $$ to Chris for the Skater. (I think). Scott could clear that up. Thats all I know about it. It ran really good while here and the owner didn't use it much.

Nice. Thanks for the info! I would love to see some pics if you have them. Is Richie Rich still painting?

40FlatDeck 03-20-2007 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2063942)
I know you can call Scot Conrad and get the full story on it:D

SICK BOAT!!:cool:

Thanks.:D

OL40SVX 03-20-2007 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck (Post 2064432)
Nice. Thanks for the info! I would love to see some pics if you have them. Is Richie Rich still painting?

After he left up here he started to paint for Fountain. Then he went to Cigarette then left. I hadn't seen him in a while but he is now painting for Cigarette again. I believe he did
3 boats that were just in the Miami show. We had him paint our Hustler that we just sold.

OL40SVX 03-20-2007 03:26 PM

Skater/Richie Rich $

1 Attachment(s)
Is your paint signed some where in the graphics?
He signs the work Richy Rich $...

40FlatDeck 03-20-2007 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 2064840)
Is your paint signed some where in the graphics?
He signs the work Richy Rich $...

Nope...and I have been over every inch of that boat.:D I called Ocean Performance today and they said they might be able to dig up some pics of the x-men paint for me. Thanks!