Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Loto (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/154075-loto.html)

greggreen 03-20-2007 08:18 PM

Loto

Does anyone know if there is a beach/sandbar etc. on LOTO?
I was there last June and didn't find one. Going again this June and hoping there is one somewhere on the Lake.

Griff 03-20-2007 08:23 PM

There is no place to beach at LOTO without gouging the bottom of your boat. Its all rock and gravel. When you get that close to shore you are risking your prop and drive at LOTO. Even with some small gravel on shore, there may be a big boulder under the water.

Wild 03-20-2007 08:38 PM

The only sand i know of is at Frankie and Louies and you cant get your boat there, but it is a fun place to hang out, and really calm water back there

Wild

flat rate 03-20-2007 09:12 PM

When your boat touches ground we call that crashing at LOTO.

JasonSmith 03-20-2007 09:18 PM

Boats don't belong on the beach anyway.

Rebel_Heart 03-21-2007 12:11 AM

Don't want any sand on my bottom. If you think you see sand on LOTO - those are mirages caused by a little too much time at the local watering hole.

JohnnyMarshall 03-21-2007 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Wild (Post 2065215)
The only sand i know of is at Frankie and Louies and you cant get your boat there, but it is a fun place to hang out, and really calm water back there

Wild

You just had to:D How about a early morning Bloody and a pizza from Frankies and of course all the Pretty scenery:D :drink: :drink:

rdoactive 03-21-2007 08:32 AM

If you're looking for a place to beach the boat, forget it.
If you want a beach for the kids, try PB2.
There's one at Frankie and Louies, but be careul. The ducks might attack you there.
Gary

greggreen 03-21-2007 08:00 PM

Thanks for the info, I kind of anticipated the answer but ya never know. And no I never beach my boat, only anchors fore and aft.

satisfactionII 03-22-2007 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by JasonSmith (Post 2065279)
Boats don't belong on the beach anyway.

My thoughts as well.

lakeluvr 03-22-2007 09:34 AM

F & Ls claim to have put the "beach" in "Sunrise Beach" since they have a small swim area with sand for the "beach" effect. Enclosed by the boat docks so you can't get your boat to it to "park on" (uggh). Anyway forgot how many truck loads of sand they had to bring in for that little beach, but it is cool, and a great place to hang. Nice outdoor atmosphere, Tiki bar and good food. (and no I don't work for F&Ls....lol)

Knot 4 Me 03-23-2007 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by lakeluvr (Post 2067112)
F & Ls claim to have put the "beach" in "Sunrise Beach" since they have a small swim area with sand for the "beach" effect. Enclosed by the boat docks so you can't get your boat to it to "park on" (uggh). Anyway forgot how many truck loads of sand they had to bring in for that little beach, but it is cool, and a great place to hang. Nice outdoor atmosphere, Tiki bar and good food. (and no I don't work for F&Ls....lol)

It is nice for the kids. I only wish they did a better job of keeping that area clean. It is pretty funky by July...

omerta one 03-23-2007 11:02 AM

F & L

A friend told me he witnessed the two owners in a fist fight in the bar last fall?

I have a nice pea gravel "beach" at my house, but it's better to raft off of the dock....btw the bar is officially open for the season!

Steve_H 03-23-2007 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 2068388)
A friend told me he witnessed the two owners in a fist fight in the bar last fall?
I have a nice pea gravel "beach" at my house, but it's better to raft off of the dock....btw the bar is officially open for the season!

yep.
it was winner take all too.