Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Patriots running back.......Arrested? >

Patriots running back.......Arrested?

Notices

Patriots running back.......Arrested?

Old 02-11-2002, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Patriots running back.......Arrested?

Super Bowl stand out running back for the New England Patriots Kevin Faulk was arrested Sunday for removing police baracades, arguing with police along a Mardi-Gras parade route in Lafayette LA.Faulf is from neighboring town of Carencro.

Welcome home Kevin!!
Old 02-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

What is with these stupid athletes? As far as I'm concerned they should be held to a higher standard and punished equally harsh when they do stupid things like this.

Hawaii no ka 'oi
Old 02-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Why should they be held to a higher standard than you and punished more severly than you
Old 02-11-2002, 12:58 PM
Registered

Should have arrested some of the Chicago Bears for impersonating a team with an offense.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:04 PM
Registered

Talking

Sounds like harmless fun compared with the murder a certain Ravens player was implicated in a couple of bowls ago...

Sean
Old 02-11-2002, 01:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Cigarette 1 **** Original Member:
<STRONG>Why should they be held to a higher standard than you and punished more severly than you </STRONG>
Because they are role models for kids, on TV, and paid a ****load of money. They should have brains to get paid that much. And they're not 16 anymore. Time to grow up.

Otherwise, they shoudl pursue less "public" careers and they can be whatever kind of losers they choose.

Mark
Old 02-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Wrong answer !!!

Aren't you a role model to some kids ????

How come all the arguments against atheletes end up refering to how much money they make

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Cigarette 1 **** Original Member ]
Old 02-11-2002, 02:18 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Just like 32fever said, These athletes are paid a huge sum to be put on a pedestal and are like he said role models for the young people. Their actions should reflect their status. I don't mean that Kevin Faulk should be reamed for such a minor issue, but look at these people getting nailed for drug infractions and rape. You can't tell me that they shouldn't have all their privelages taken away and be punished to the full extent of the law. At worst most these people get preferential treatment which in my opinion is BS .

What your not grasping "Cigarette 1" is that I'm not a role model to all the kids around that idolize athletes or actors, those people that are in the publics eye. Let me ask you a question, do you think if I did the same thing that some of these people are doing that I would be treated the same? If you answered "yes" your dead wrong. The average person committing the things that some of these people are doing would get hung. So yes I think that the money issue is relevant considering that their making tons of money to be public role models for people be it through sports or another public profession. If they don't like the responsibility or can't handle it get out. It's about time they start acting like adults. Again this is not pointed to the majority in those fields that do, and take their responsibility serious but the few that are misfits and can't handle the duties that come along with being a person who stands out. Those individuals who hide behind their profession thinking it gives them priveleged rights over other people.

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Niuhi ]

Hawaii no ka 'oi
Old 02-11-2002, 02:23 PM
DEVIL MAN

Another one of Audio's idols behind bars!!!!! Causing trouble...just like Audio!!!!

DMan