Fountain World Record Speed & Distance Attempt >

Fountain World Record Speed & Distance Attempt

Notices

Fountain World Record Speed & Distance Attempt

Old 03-24-2007, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

U Neek? U dork......morelike.

And my 0.02c worth - totally worth the annual fee! This site is the No.1 in the world for offshore boating. Period. Where else can you read stories and ask questions of offshore legends like Richie Powers??
Old 03-24-2007, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
i paid the $45 last year, just didn't renew. Cash is tight BECAUSE i'm a boater. I'm not like some of you guys with half million dollar boats, i have a 16 year old boat worth maybe $35k and a 15 year loan on it. $45 won't break me, but $45 here and $45 there, plus $3.50 a gallon, plus a mechanical failure or two, will....
Another........WAHHHHHHHHH The Rich Guys!!!!! WAHHHHHHHH The Rich Guys! Give me a f---- break!

And NO I am not one of the Rich Guys!

If someone can't afford OSO for $45 a year, you should not be in boating.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DaveP
Another........WAHHHHHHHHH The Rich Guys!!!!! WAHHHHHHHH The Rich Guys! Give me a f---- break!

And NO I am not one of the Rich Guys!

If someone can't afford OSO for $45 a year, you should not be in boating.
**** you. I paid the $45. It wasn't worth it to me, so I didn't renew. Don't tell me that I shouldn't be in boating if I can't afford the extra $45. Boating is my hobby, and it's not your domain because you can afford OSO. Instead of buying a house, I rent a $400 a month 1 bedroom apt. so that I can afford to boat. "no i'm not one of the rich guys" with a 2004 36' Concept. Compared to a 1991 27 Fountain, you are rich. I couldn't afford the gas in your boat. **** you for telling me that I shouldn't be boating if I can't afford to give up a day on the water (gas money) to pay for the owner of some website to put another 15 minutes worth of gas in his boat.

For those of you suggesting I ask people to kick in to pay for it, no, **** that, i'm not poor. I just have to spend my money wisely so as to be able to continue to afford boating. This site is not an essential for me, thus i'm not paying.

I would think that letting non-paying members view pictures would provide better value for advertisers, but obviously I'm not in a position to make that decision on this board. I made that decision on the board I run, but obviously you people don't give a ****. It would also provide better value for the paying members, because i've seen a number of posts where people were asking specific questions about a boat or a part or repair and they posted a picture. Non-paying members are automatically excluded from helping that paying member because they can't see the question (the picture), and thus, the paying member is the one getting ****ed by the money grab.

I don't expect full access for free, not at all. And I do appreciate the advice and information available here. But the money I pay doesn't go to the people who offer the advice, it goes to the people who run the forum. Since this is their "day job", I understand the need for revenue, and if the price was more reasonable, i'd pay it. But I'm not too worried about OSO going broke, given that there isn't a square inch of free space between all the advertisements. Maybe the place would be worth $45 if paying the fee shut off all the ads.

Last edited by sleeper_dave; 03-24-2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Registered

Great then don't come here and ***** about it, keep it to yourself.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

jeezsus . . .you guys are being awfully hard on a guy for just simply choosing to spen his money elsewhere. i really didnt get the impression Sleeper was whining about it. heck i live in a small 1100 SqFt house but own my ScarabIII out right and put roughly 2500 miles on it annually(do the math) . . . we all make choices. lets just remember that we're all in this for the same reason . . . BECAUSE WE LOVE BOATING!
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 03-24-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

:d :d
Old 03-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well said glassdave. different people, different priorities. I've emailed pics to people before that couldn't see them. Not a problem. I have posted a pic or two in my time.

Now back to the topic. what's the story on the beaching? That looks like a LONG way to have gone w/o water underneath. And the drives are up. Was he trimming them up as he was slidding on the sand to get more distance?
Old 03-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

. . . . story i got was he bought the boat with bottom paint on it and was looking for a good quick way to remove it . . . looks like it worked
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Registered

**** you.

I have a magazine I want to pay for you to get. Email me your address and I will send you the subscription.
Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

not being able to see attachments sucks

not sure it's worth $45 a year though
Want to bet?

Quick Reply: Fountain World Record Speed & Distance Attempt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.