Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone Dealt with Mattituck Inlet Marina & Shipyard (MIMS Boats) in NY? >

Anyone Dealt with Mattituck Inlet Marina & Shipyard (MIMS Boats) in NY?

Notices

Anyone Dealt with Mattituck Inlet Marina & Shipyard (MIMS Boats) in NY?

Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Anyone Dealt with Mattituck Inlet Marina & Shipyard (MIMS Boats) in NY?

Hi,

I just thought I would check and see if anyone has dealt with Mattituck Inlet Marina and Shipyard, also known as MIMS Boats. I'm considering one of their boats, but since I'm not from the area, I don't know what their reputation is.

Thanks!

Michael
Old 03-21-2007, 02:48 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

what you looking at?
You see the 24 4sale in the pantera forum?
and you get my message on that 26ft?
Old 03-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also Hustler dealers and large sportfishers, Viking I believe. Met them briefly at 06 Miami show, nice friendly people and passionate about boats. Never did any business with them though so can't tell you more. They seem quite strong though, they've been taking some pretty expensive Hustlers in stock lately...
Old 03-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have primarily been a yacht/sportfish broker/dealer. My parents owned a marina nearby and when I was a kid, my folks bought a 28 Chris Craft from them. they are new to the Hi-Performance market with Hustler and Velocity(I think) There is a guy here on OSO that works there...althoug I forget his screen name...

I still have a house nearby and am around every weekend, so if you want me to stop by and take some photos, etc, let me know..
Old 03-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by super termoli
Also Hustler dealers and large sportfishers, Viking I believe. Met them briefly at 06 Miami show, nice friendly people and passionate about boats. Never did any business with them though so can't tell you more. They seem quite strong though, they've been taking some pretty expensive Hustlers in stock lately...
Mattituck Inlet lost there Viking Dealership some time ago. Staten Island Boat Sales is the dealer for Viking on Long Island... The new owners did not get along with one of the salesman that brought and sold all the Vikings at MIMS. He has subsequently left and I believe is working at Staten Island Boat Sales. Mattituck does have the dealership for Hustler and Velocity.. They also sell some xsport fish boats also but I am not sure of all the brands. The owners son is here on OSO and his screen name is ThroughHustler. He is a nice guy. I am sure you are dealing with him if it is regarding a high performance boat....

Last edited by Titan; 03-23-2007 at 04:17 PM.