Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
want to buy 27 zr new for 71000usd cash no finance >

want to buy 27 zr new for 71000usd cash no finance

Notices

want to buy 27 zr new for 71000usd cash no finance

Old 03-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

What boat did you buy? Did you purchase the Donzi ZR?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you guys are being really unfair to foreigners on this board. I am normally not the type that gets upset, but I am not happy with the comments about Europeans. Posting on this board is one thing, doing business via OSO classifieds is another thing.
But I guess if foreigners are considered scammers just because they are not from the US, then I will consider whether I really want to be part of OSO. I for sure do not appreciate the comments.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool did he buy?????????????????????

I talked to this guy and I know of a dealer that talked to him, but who got the deposit and sold him the boat??
Old 03-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Foreigners on our Board are more often than not...scammers, but that doesn't mean they all are or that this guy is.
This particular guy is not what I am talking about. I have no clue who that guy is and whether he is a good guy or not.
It is comments like the above from t500hps that annoys me. Is it really true that more often than not foreigners posting on OSO are scammers ?
I don't believe it, I know I am mostly a lurker, but I do pay for subscription and if I have to justify not being a scammer every time I ask a question I will consider if it is really worth it being on this board.
May be it is me being sensitive, but I am pretty sure you guys would not be happy if the same generalisation comments were being made about Americans on European web sites.

Last edited by Phazar454Mag; 03-28-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Phazar454Mag
I think you guys are being really unfair to foreigners on this board. I am normally not the type that gets upset, but I am not happy with the comments about Europeans. Posting on this board is one thing, doing business via OSO classifieds is another thing.
But I guess if foreigners are considered scammers just because they are not from the US, then I will consider whether I really want to be part of OSO. I for sure do not appreciate the comments.
I agree - I think some of you guys may have taken this scam thing a little too far. Not once did I see any indication of a scam.

I think that some of you underestimate the popularity of the site and how many foreigners read this stuff. Any negativity shown against foreigners reflects badly on OSO and the sport and I don't think any of us really wants that.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:01 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

i just saw a few posts from the same guy asking about which boat is better, then a 3rd post asking if anyone is interested in selling them that boat... just not what i'd be doing... all within a days time.
most of us here take a long time researching what we want.
Like after asking on one post, what the opinions are of board members of a few boats i've narrowed it down to... then i'd go to that owners forum for more info, chat w/ current owners for more opinions, then ask if anyone there knows one for sale, hopefully in my price range.
Not the way this was done.
There are plenty of scammers out there... and many are in the US.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now lets be fair to all involved here.

Fact: Most of us have been misled or screwed dealing with "similar" threads like this one and refuse to waste are time in the future because of it. A detailed response can take up to 20-30 minutes to create, and to find out it was a scam makes you VERY angry.

Fact: Most of the scams eminate from contact detail being based in West or Eastern Europe. Especially when the term USD comes into play, both issues were on this thread.

Fact: Most people do not make a 5 or 6 figure puchase decision on the whims of someone's post at OSO or any boating sight, within this quick of timeframe. They usually test drive, go to boat shows, post on OSO and other similar sites for months before they actually drop the hammer on a purchase.

Fact: Our Turkish friend here never asked about sending or receiving money.

Fact: He seems to be quicker to purchase then most of us, but lets face it, there are people like that, its called life.

Fact: He did ask questions claiming to be a newbie, and as it seems his story is true, as well as wanted help from us to point him in a direction, we just disagreed with how quick he is doing it.

Fact: His story seemed to be going in different directions with all the threads he posted, but when looking back, the only discrepency I noticed was how quick he lined up shipping, which he already addressed, and seems legit.

Long story short, nobody is wrong here. He was looking for info and posted on OSO, the way he posted as well as how many posts pulled up a red flag for most of us, but in the end, it was legit, so move on.

Now I do agree, OSO does have its smartasses who judge you by your post count, and belittle you if they feel your boat in inferior (I own a Baja, so I know how it is ), but that is not this case here, OK. Guy asked a question, seemed shady, turns out it wasn't as he explained himself, all good.

Just my $.02
Old 03-28-2007, 03:13 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Phazar454Mag
This particular guy is not what I am talking about. I have no clue who that guy is and whether he is a good guy or not.
It is comments like the above from t500hps that annoys me. Is it really true that more often than not foreigners posting on OSO are scammers ?
I don't believe it, I know I am mostly a lurker, but I do pay for subscription and if I have to justify not being a scammer every time I ask a question I will consider if it is really worth it being on this board.
May be it is me being sensitive, but I am pretty sure you guys would not be happy if the same generalisation comments were being made about Americans on European web sites.
Please read the rest of my post......maybe my assumption was wrong and I apologize. Big Scotty was a good one and he was not a foreigner (or was he from Canada) anyway, the intention of my post was to defend tc 0707 not insult. I felt the board in general was jumping to conclusions when tc hadn't asked anyone here to do anything for him. Since he had already bought a boat so quickly, it seems hard that he could be setting up a scam. I recall several people standing up for an overseas OSO'er who has bought a couple boats from OSO members (can't remember the screen name at the moment)

BTW: My mother is an American who has lived in Germany for the last 5 years.....She tells me how Americans are consider conceited, wasteful and self-righteous overseas and she even agrees that it's not that far off base. I think some of those generalization comments ARE said about Americans on European websites, but just like the scammer comments here, a few have given reason to doubt the many.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Please read the rest of my post......maybe my assumption was wrong and I apologize. Big Scotty was a good one and he was not a foreigner (or was he from Canada) anyway, the intention of my post was to defend tc 0707 not insult. I felt the board in general was jumping to conclusions when tc hadn't asked anyone here to do anything for him. Since he had already bought a boat so quickly, it seems hard that he could be setting up a scam. I recall several people standing up for an overseas OSO'er who has bought a couple boats from OSO members (can't remember the screen name at the moment)

BTW: My mother is an American who has lived in Germany for the last 5 years.....She tells me how Americans are consider conceited, wasteful and self-righteous overseas and she even agrees that it's not that far off base. I think some of those generalization comments ARE said about Americans on European websites, but just like the scammer comments here, a few have given reason to doubt the many.
Thanks. I do think your assumption is wrong, but I could be wrong
Old 03-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

tc - I offer my apology - but it has a contingency.

The question still lies in who the boat was purchased from??
Simply naming freight Co's and prices doesn't prove anything.
I really want to believe your story, but I'm still hesitant.
If you name the dealer, I'm sure it will be confirmed here.

Everyone else,my flag going up had to do with a guy that has never been to this site before, is not registered, starts 3 threads, involving three different boats and in a matter of a few hours has made a decision (I'm assuming) based on the opinion of a handful of members here. Starts another thread looking for shipping options, and then has shipping wrapped up in less than 2 hours and starts this thread within 3 hrs of his original inquiry with this post:
Originally Posted by tc 0707
i have decided that my last choice is donzi 27 zr i will pay 71 cash for a new one with 496 ho s send me e mail if interested and you will sell your boat cash immidiately no waiting for finance guys
thanks
Yet, the thread is titled "want to buy 27ZR NEW..."
There are just too many discrepencies and backpeddling:
First boat, second boat??
And the offer to wire money within a few hours of ever being on this board...
I don't care if he's from Turkey, Tulsa, or Timbuktu.
It just seems a little strange.
Call me a skeptic.

Quick Reply: want to buy 27 zr new for 71000usd cash no finance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.