Notices

Dyno, intercoms/headsets

Old 02-11-2002, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
currently i am using a sigtronics system...that is highly moded! part by tiger communication and then sigtronics development...i know sony has made a lot changes too. even the smalest detail like earcup configuration was/is very important. in flight most of the time u wear wire rim sunglasses to allow a good seal...now find a glass that blocks wind too!!!i also have my marine radio tied into the system...trust me i have made a lot of mistakes with my set up.....know that if you have a windshield and your under 60ish,,,u can use anything...if u can keep it dry,,,another thing to look at. if any of ya get a hilo system i have 4 headset currnlty u can try...one of them is even a denali!!!i wanted them to work soooo bad because they look cool as hell and would match the boat!
Old 02-11-2002, 11:55 AM
Registered

O, to answer your question...yes, it's all AV stuff, but they mod it for different apps. they boys a sig were overnighting me different configs till we got it right...we would get close with one then use two and it would be back to drawing board!!! now 2 work great at hi-speed and 4 work damn good at 60 and under. i'm going to tie in my cell phone this year and also a swithing system to control 4 set on a individual basis....each station has a push to talk uhf and a volume control on each headset..
Old 02-11-2002, 12:23 PM
Registered

Audacity, it sounds like you have a lot of experience with boats and boating gear. Some of the rest of us do too. It doesn't do any of us any good to be highly critical of each other's knowledge on this board. My mistake here was posting this information for Dyno concerning a cost-effective project he and I are working on for his boat. Some days this board is the only way he and I can contact each other. By the way, you are welcome at the get-together we're having at the house. If you're on this side of the state please feel free to stop in. Dave

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Crazyhorse ]

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Crazyhorse ]
Old 02-11-2002, 12:36 PM
Registered

u took it the wrong way...highly critical??? yes of myself and things i guess...i was just trying to save ya some time and $$$...i "inexpensive" project with the headsets turned into a huge expense....time???wow! like i said, application has everything to do with it. the systems i have put together in the past worked so poorly for what i wanted them for, i just did use them! if u have a winshield (and look through it)that sloves a LOT of issues...
Old 02-11-2002, 12:46 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audacity I dont have a windsheild but run under 60mph most of the time....cruise at 50ish in your opinion will the av sets work or not? what is the aprox. cost of a modified set like you run? if I need to spend a grand to talk to my wife running up the lake then it can wait until we get to the next port!
Thanks Don
Old 02-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Registered

i doing a set up for a friend right now...
Old 02-11-2002, 12:58 PM
Registered

spend it on drugs and beer...that way it doesn't matter what she says....just nod and smile ...always make sure she has more than u!!! good insurance

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: audacity ]
Old 02-11-2002, 01:29 PM
Registered

that's what my dad does...he drinks wine though
Old 02-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts
I have used these type of inexpensive VOX headsets on snowmobiles under helmets. The slightest bit of wind noise set them off. The mic needed to stay under the full face helmet to work at all. They work great in that application. Full wind of even 30mph may not work.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Registered

helmets are a whole different deal...they work AMAZING in the race boat and when i wear them in the poker run boat....not many women like to wear helmets with a bikini!!!

Quick Reply: Dyno, intercoms/headsets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.