Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Research on American Offshore Boats >

Research on American Offshore Boats

Notices

Research on American Offshore Boats

Old 03-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Emailed Cliff Waters the new AO GM and asked if he would post sometime today to straighten this out. He said he would later today. That should take care of any mold and ownership questions.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by chromecat
surfduck,

give me a call or shoot me an email, I can fill you in on the american offshore deck boat...

Don
[email protected]
217-356-4546
Does Ed still own AO? Is he still in Texas??
Old 03-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

AO was Chris Cat and Awesome was Shadow Cat. Python owned one set of these molds for a short while.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Registered

By the way the Chris Cats were meant for I/O setups and the Shadow Cats were ran better with outboards. This is all going off memory of what T2X has said in the past.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rare Breed
Does Ed still own AO? Is he still in Texas??
No, Ed does not own AO, and hasn't for a number of years. He was building boats for them out of his shop in Texas up until about 2 months or so ago but is no longer doing so.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:34 PM

Fellow boaters, this is the first time that I have posted anything on any forums and I apologize for not doing it sooner but Art DiNick (the true owner of American Offshore, not the Art in Corona CA.) and I have been busy. The decision was made to move the manufacturing facility from Texas to Southern CA. for a number of reason. Ed Ferro the founder of American Offshore is no longer affiliated with the company.
Some of the reasons for moving the company was to provide a better product and a more main stream product. The 2800SPD deck boat mold has just been completed with some great improvements and are now being manufactured with full on custom gel coat graphics. The interiors will no longer be offered in white and off white, you dream it and we will build it. Next on the agenda will be a twin console 28' deck boat and to follow up with a 33' foot twin engine deck boat. The rest of the line will be offered with custom gel coat graphics, custom interiors, and all around Southern CA " BLING !"
We are updating the website, looking at adding American Offshore apparel and accessories. Art's dream and mine is to build American Offshore into a premier line of watercraft, to under promise and over deliver. The plans are to rebuild the company one boat at a time and to truly please our customers.
Just to clarify , Art is in possession of all the true American offshore molds and left the old deck boat mold that Ed Ferro built in his possession. Art made the financial decision to build a true American Offshore deck boat mold with our own innovative designs and ideas.There are several orders in house for deck boats and 2600's and there is still a lot of interest in the 3100 and even the 3700. We are very excited and determined to provide a quality high performance boat for our customers.
Just to clarify some of the other confusion being posted, American Offshore, now managed by Cliff Waters, has possession of all the American Offshore molds except the old 2800 SPD Deck boat molds that Ed Ferro built using the American Offshore 2600 bottom after he sold American Offshore to Art DiNick in 1998. No molds have been sold to Awesome Cats in the past nor the new owners of Awesome Cats. We have been busy building a completely new and improved deck boat molds.
The original 31 ft Chris Cat mold, designed by George Linder, was sold to American Offshore. It is a great bottom design. American Offshore now employs a much improved composite construction that has reduced the Chris Cat weight by 3000 to 4000 lbs and therefore the American Offshore 3100 is much faster HP for HP than the original Chris Cat. In fact a 3100 American Offshore with twin 800 HP motors was 16 MPH faster than a beautiful Chris Cat with twin 1100 HP motors in the LOTO Shootout. American Offshore has also modified the roof of the tunnel and some other areas to improve aerodynamics.
The American Offshore 26 ft design came from a Plug purchased from Python, a now defunct company. It did not come from Tallon as some believe.

We are constantly testing our products to improve performance, handling, and construction techniques

I can be reached at 480 734 4474 or at [email protected], to discuss American Offshore or better yet to order a new and improved A/O.
Sincerely
Cliff Waters
General Manager for American Offshore
Old 04-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Registered

Thanks Cliff. That was a lot of info to digest.

So the molds that were on E-bay???
Old 04-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Registered

Do you still offer the 26 nsx. i had one and loved it but i never see them anywhere.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned

We have a 2001 26 with 700hp n/a motor, xr drive, mitcher t paint, new trailer, 95mph cat with low hours Mccloed interior under 60k or can build a new one, we have the molds at out st. louis facility
Old 04-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Registered

700hp and only 95mph!

Quick Reply: Research on American Offshore Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.