Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hearing reports of Marine fuel going over $5.00/gallon---wow (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/154852-hearing-reports-marine-fuel-going-over-%245-00-gallon-wow.html)

US1 Fountain 04-01-2007 07:14 PM

I'd venture to say the debit/credit cards are the stations worst enemy. 90% of the people pay at the pumps anymore so they don't have to go inside. Splash and dash. Not going inside, no 'extras' picked up while waiting in line to pay. Possibly the profit margin of gas has to be raised a bit more then it used to be to help offset the pay at the pump trend???

Just my thoughts

FeverMike 04-01-2007 07:59 PM

Fuel on the water in the Tampa area is $4 or more.

NJgr8ful 04-01-2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by BGIII (Post 2078105)
Exactly why I only go to pay at the pump gas stations. I will not go inside a gas station to purchase product no matter what. I'll never believe that gas stations aren't gouging either. Not even if God came down himself and told me that they are honest and caring corporate citizens that only make a small profit on sales. Certainly, some are much worse than others, but all are doing it to some extent. Hopefully the greed will eventually lead us to new energy sources and gasoline can go the way of the dinosaur for many of our applications.

;)

fazznick 04-01-2007 08:58 PM

Exactly why I only go to pay at the pump gas stations. I will not go inside a gas station to purchase product no matter what. I'll never believe that gas stations aren't gouging either. Not even if God came down himself and told me that they are honest and caring corporate citizens that only make a small profit on sales. Certainly, some are much worse than others, but all are doing it to some extent. Hopefully the greed will eventually lead us to new energy sources and gasoline can go the way of the dinosaur for many of our applications.

Yeah, and Bush brought down the twin towers. I guess some people wont believe anything.

GLH 04-01-2007 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Buddy OO (Post 2076444)
Just heard a newscast that fuel on the water could bust 5 bucks/gallon by summer, this is getting ridiculous, guess we should buy futures or a tanker.

It'll weed out the posers...

OldSchool 04-02-2007 06:29 AM

The sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

DaveP 04-02-2007 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 2078031)
I did not get a BJ in the oval office from that fat pig Monica Lowinsky

and that is what your buddy bubba said! :p

kennyo 04-02-2007 07:06 AM

All our stations are owned by middle easterners. I was going to an american pump but they sold out too. WTF is this country coming to.

GLH 04-02-2007 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 2078407)
The sky is falling!

:D:D:D

http://static.flickr.com/34/63917206_519188e5f5.jpg

RonS 04-02-2007 10:37 AM

:rolleyes:

Well I guess since its so easy to make money owning a gas station you should probably buy one so that you get rich.
Then take all the money you made owning a gas station and buy out the local boat dealership or marine repair business and get even richer owning that because we all know that the marine repair shops are gouging us too, I mean come on that's another one of those easy businesses that everyone gets rich at. :rolleyes:

Shame on all the evil people that go into business to make money, the world would be a better place if everyone went into business to just break even.:rolleyes: