Notices

Sarasota Suncoast - Season Opener Pics

Old 04-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 42MTI
Lots of practice here, every weekend. We will be in havazoo for the Desert Storm April 26-29. Come on out, we owe you ALOT of drinks.
I would like to make it down to Travis. Is that the only run their having.
Was planning on making to Havi, but ruined my wife's "suprise" birthday gig when I mentioned I would like to celebrate my b-day the following weekend.... So, flight is cancelled and spending it with my wife. Not to take offense, but she is MUCH more fun than you guys!!!! LOL....

Check out the website (in the above post). There are quite a few Lake Travis runs. But the season opener is usually one of the best. Mem. day/Labor Day are also huge.

Joe
Old 04-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe

Heck, that water will be flat enough even Brandon might brink his boat down!!!!!! LOL.....
OHHHHH snap!

That means I'd have to pull it out there (lol), when I could be at 30k feet sippin on gin & juice!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 42MTI
Come on out, we owe you ALOT of drinks.
LOL --- It wasn't as bad as you might think.... If you put it in perspective --- it was about a tank of gas (for my boat.... not you guys 110+ octane ).

The funny thing.... it didn't even flag my bank card company's fraud dept.....
Old 04-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,
Caught up with you at New Pass...
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota Suncoast - Season Opener Pics-p3310287-small-.jpg  
Old 04-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 38Roars
Joe,
Caught up with you at New Pass...
Thanks..... great shot. It really shows how rough it got for us "Tier 2"... oh, I mean "Second Group" boats!

What boat were you in?
Old 04-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

The Silver/Blue 43ZR
Attached Thumbnails Sarasota Suncoast - Season Opener Pics-43-zr-600-jd-mcdonald-2-small-.jpg  
Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
Oh yeah.....

A friend of mine bought a 1000 hp Cigarette from Austin and did the sea (lake) trail on Lake Travis. I think he said it took appx. 2 minutes before Lake Patrol was all over him!!! They were cool though.... they even showed him where Devil's Cove was (the local 100+ boat raft-up).

A couple Skaters have made the runs over the years.... The do seem to get "The finger" from the blow-boaters (which is quite entertaining)!!!! Suprisingly, there are quite a bit of go-fast boats there. However, you are right.... 5-6 cats all running down the lake at the same time may be a completely different story!!!

Joe
I know they don't like performance boats, but really wouldn't like the Oklahoma University themed boat We got chit thrown at us in Missouri, I can't even imagine Texas.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
I know they don't like performance boats, but really wouldn't like the Oklahoma University themed boat We got chit thrown at us in Missouri, I can't even imagine Texas.
ahhhhh. I completely missed that part! hahahaha. You do have a point. You will most certainly want to hitch a ride if you guys come... and leave your maroon at home as well ---- it might be just as dangerous if they mistake you for Aggies!
Old 04-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

I was hauling the ou boat out of florida last week and had people flipping me off and holding florida shirts out there window.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

the bad part was last year in illinois when the cop pulled me over hauling OU and he tells me he lost money on a game because he hates OU and bet against them and ou won. then me being the law abiding citizen I am proceed to tell him that it is illegal to gamble. that was all right before I pulled up the illinois department of transportation website on my laptop to show him that he was wrong on what he said the over dimension law was, then we about got into a fist fight and three more back up cop cars pulled up , they got even madder when I started taking pics of the cop cars all around the boat, then the tow truck shows up, then I had to get serious, so we took off and ran for the state border that was only a couple miles away.

Quick Reply: Sarasota Suncoast - Season Opener Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.