Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ST. CLOUD 04-01-2007 Race PICS and VIDEO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/155003-st-cloud-04-01-2007-race-pics-video.html)

CigDaze 04-02-2007 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LostinBoston (Post 2078560)
You must have been right next to me. I was standing between the grandstands.
Do you get video of the really close fly by?

No kidding, we must have been no more than a few feet apart. Did you see a big guy with a goofy hat holding a beer and a camera? That was me. :drink:

No, I'm afraid I didn't get any vid of the REALLYYYYYY close flyby. I was zoomed in pretty high, expecting the boats at their normal distance, and then wham here comes Geico like 20 feet off the pier. All I got was a blur. I loved the crowd's reaction, though! That was awesome!! :cool:

Thanks guys.

CigDaze 04-02-2007 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 2078502)
Thanks CigDaze.
Too bad I missed it. I forgot about it, then heard it advertised on radio. Boat just wasn't ready this time. Next year.

Looks like the water was flat. Usually the wind is blowing like mad this time of year. Between the wind, race boats, and spectator fleet the lake is one big washing machine.

Thanks for the pics.

Hey Iggy,
Actually, the wind was blowing at a pretty good pace, and it probably was gusting close to 20 knots every now and again. The water was mostly flat though, as you can see in the pics. It was a good time, see you next year maybe.

gmhdfan 04-02-2007 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by LostinBoston (Post 2078560)
You must have been right next to me. I was standing between the grandstands.
Do you get video of the really close fly by?

I think that my have been more of a power slide than a fly by:eek:

FunHome 04-02-2007 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze (Post 2078458)
Last, but certainly not least, an OSO Chick Magnet. :D :D :D
Guess who?

The one and only GORDO!! Way to go Buddy!!!

Iggy 04-02-2007 11:05 AM

Actually, the wind was blowing at a pretty good pace, and it probably was gusting close to 20 knots every now and again. The water was mostly flat though, as you can see in the pics.
Last race we went to the lake was so whipped up my poor Formula spent most of the time flying from wave to wave. I thought it was fun but hard on passengers.
Next year.

Maximus 04-02-2007 11:09 AM

We just went through our Racepak Data logs. That was definatley a controlled powerslide (thanks steve curtis) Class One style!

We knew we had it it was just fast.

161.3 mph in that turn.

Thanks Cig!!

CigDaze 04-02-2007 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Maximus (Post 2078697)
We just went through our Racepak Data logs. That was definatley a controlled powerslide (thanks steve curtis) Class One style!

We knew we had it it was just fast.

161.3 mph in that turn.

Thanks Cig!!

Anytime, my friend. And Thank you and the team.
Great show, always a pleasure!!

:cool:

CigDaze 04-02-2007 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Smiklos (Post 2078945)
Glad to see you guys survived Saturday night. Gordo was last one standing and raced.
Steve

Steve, it was great as always - A hell of a party. Thanks again, nice seeing you again. So, Gordo's got to win something for that alone.
:D

ScottB 04-02-2007 07:32 PM

St Cloud was a great time, thanks for the pics and sorry if we got you wet

F1-00 Racing 04-03-2007 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by ScottB (Post 2079265)
St Cloud was a great time, thanks for the pics and sorry if we got you wet

The old lady wanted me to thank you actualy for the cool off!:eek:

Trent